Auteur Sujet: DebWeb  (Lu 13863 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : DebWeb
« Réponse #15 le: 28 avril 2013 à 02:30:46 »
Hi Taco.22,

it seems that the branding is not the only thing which is stripped out, otherwise it would not be useful to get the original programs, right ?
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : DebWeb
« Réponse #16 le: 28 avril 2013 à 03:38:21 »
it seems that the branding is not the only thing which is stripped out, otherwise it would not be useful to get the original programs, right ?
Yes, exactly.

Why?

(1) At least a few common addons for Firefox/Thunderbird do not work with Iceweasel/Icedove.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #17 le: 08 mai 2013 à 03:41:39 »
Nice! :D :D :D

Looks great going to download and give it a spin.

Any questions, problems, suggestions or criticisms?

DebWeb has been updated to version 1.1. The single largest change was removing wicd-gtk and installing network-manager-gnome.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #18 le: 08 mai 2013 à 04:24:03 »
I'd like to know if you are using apt-get or aptitude in Debian spins. There has been a rather animated thread about the topic at the Ubuntu-devel mailing list recently, and although I didn't like the experience when I tried aptitude a pair of years ago, I thought maybe there is more to it than I thought...
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2013-April/014383.html

What do you think?

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #19 le: 08 mai 2013 à 16:21:50 »
I'd like to know if you are using apt-get or aptitude in Debian spins.
Aptitude is a frontend to apt. The difference between synaptic and aptitude is that aptitude is ncurses-based and synaptic is a full gui. I don't know if there is any difference in the capabilities of the two, as I have never used aptitude. I don't know of anything to be gained by using it over synaptic or the command line apt programs.

The Debian wiki entry for aptitude is here.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #20 le: 09 mai 2013 à 03:46:00 »
And there is a presentation of the different package management tools for Debian here:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkgtools.en.html

the link was given at some time in the thread I pointed to in the preceding post.

The part which I don't like because I never understood how to use it is the score when installing and the aptitude program tells about scores and chances for success when having to solve a dependency problem...

« Modifié: 09 mai 2013 à 03:49:44 par mélodie »