Auteur Sujet: Village_RC2 : Openbox community spin  (Lu 26497 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Village_RC2 : Openbox community spin
« Réponse #60 le: 05 février 2013 à 02:11:38 »
I have been in touch with fragadelic and an installer in multiple languages is in the pipeline - he's just not sure when.  I think he is still the sole developer, so it is a hell of a job he's doing.

Ok. Doesn't he ask contributions for the translations ?

The installer and the other Remastersys menu entries remain after install because the gui software has been installed.  Otherwise they are command line only.  If the installer was command line but an icon was available on the live cd then that would solve that issue.  Just got to work out how - need a script that removes things on boot of a new system.

Something like that... sure.

When I checked Synaptic on a clean install for "Not installed (residual config)" I found nothing!

Are we talking about the same version ? This is the one I installed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18945176/Village_RC-2_TEST_xz.iso.md5

I can show you what I found after install, I have it in vbox and could easily do a screenshot.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Re : Village_RC2 : Openbox community spin
« Réponse #61 le: 05 février 2013 à 03:23:51 »
This screenshot is from the RC_2 that I did the last remaster from.  It shows Synaptic after updating with  the "Not installed (residual config)" displayed.  There is nothing showing when you scroll down. 

I then installed deborphan and it came up with four items -
  • conky
  • libboost-iostreaa1.49.0
  • gqview
  • libcwidget3

A couple were dummy/transitional, and the others just not needed.  I then installed gtkorphan which not only has a gui but allows you to remove packages.  It showed the same packages as deborphan but also showed "linux-image-686' - a dummy package.  I then checked and removed those packages - came to less than 2mb.

I then set up up deborphan through Synaptic, reloaded and checked for orphans - none showed.  Post your screenshot so I can have a look at it.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #62 le: 05 février 2013 à 03:42:00 »
Hello Taco,

You will be surprised, but my screenshot would look the same as your's:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18945176/synaptic.png

All the entries which you see on the right side ARE in fact residual configurations. Select them all, right-click, hit "mark for complete removal"...

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #63 le: 05 février 2013 à 06:18:21 »
Well that was interesting.  I blame Synaptic!!  When I looked at the residual configurations I was looking for checked  objects, like you would if you looked at Installed or Not installed, or All.  However, I checked all and removed - saved about 8mb.

The obvious question here is - where did all this crud come from?  I'm pretty sure I haven't installed imagemagick or fbpanel ar any time, but little bits were there, not to mention all sorts of other stuff.  All a bit mysterious.

EDIT - in terminal the command line way to achieve what Synaptic did is -
apt-get autoremove --purge -y $(dpkg -l | grep '^rc' | awk '{print $2}')Not so nice to type!!
« Modifié: 05 février 2013 à 06:25:05 par Taco.22 »
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Village_RC2 : Openbox community spin
« Réponse #64 le: 05 février 2013 à 11:27:36 »
EDIT - in terminal the command line way to achieve what Synaptic did is -
apt-get autoremove --purge -y $(dpkg -l | grep '^rc' | awk '{print $2}')Not so nice to type!!

I am not sure I could remember this type of... command line (baroque artwork ?). Where did you find that command line and what does everything mean starting from the '$' up to the ')'?

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #65 le: 05 février 2013 à 13:31:03 »
apt-get autoremove --purge -y $(dpkg -l | grep '^rc' | awk '{print $2}')Whoa - complicated but it kind of makes sense.  I'm new to this so it's still all a steep learning curve.

apt-get autoremove --purge -yThat all makes sense.  Apt-get will remove and purge files, with -y or yes as default.

dpkg -l | grep '^rc' That tells dpkg to make a list, with the parameter of  files that are rc or run command of applications that have been removed.

awk '{print $2}'That seems to give a field of name only.  If you did -
dpkg -l | awk '{print $3}'everything is listed as its version number.  A different $number represents a different field.  It could be its type, or where it came from, or what platform it belongs to. 

Put it all together and you are asking apt-get to remove and purge the config files of applications that dpkg has listed by name and as removed.

See, simple!!!
What can go wrong !!!

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Village_RC2 : Openbox community spin
« Réponse #66 le: 05 février 2013 à 13:32:33 »
what does everything mean starting from the '$' up to the ')'?

dpkg -l outputs a list of all installed packages. dpkg -l | grep '^rc' selects installed packages marked with the "rc" (residual config) tag. awk '{print $2}' means print the second field of the displayed record. So, dpkg -l | grep '^rc' | awk '{print $2}' would output the second field of every dpkg record containing the "rc" tag. Here's an example of what the output would look like if just selecting packages with the "rc" tag:

rc  brasero-common                           3.4.1-3                            all          Common files for the Brasero CD burning application and library

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #67 le: 06 février 2013 à 00:45:55 »
I'll have to try these portions of command line in Debian once I'll have booted to it next time. Thanks for your explanations.

Taco.22 : about the "y" : yes, I knew, this is why I didn't ask about this part. If we don't put the --yes (or -y) option the package manager stops to ask confirmation.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #68 le: 06 février 2013 à 11:47:59 »
That's weird. Taco.22's response (Reply #65) shows up as being one minute before mine. Did I just miss it entirely, or is it a time zone difference, or ... ?