Auteur Sujet: DISCONTINUED:Katana  (Lu 22418 fois)

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Katana
« Réponse #15 le: 12 mars 2013 à 03:49:05 »
Have you found out how to customize the themes ?

No I didn't, shame I did not give it more time. Ran great but the looks bugged me. I guess I could look into it and see about adding another theme to it and the Freanza(?) icon set.

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Katana
« Réponse #16 le: 12 mars 2013 à 04:31:01 »
Cr@p! Almost forgot about this. Here is a Start button...........err, menu button............whatever.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41965771/katana-button.png
Let me know if I need to change the colors of it.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #17 le: 12 mars 2013 à 12:22:56 »
Hi,

Your start button it too small. I think it should be at least 48x48. And for my opinion, little square buttons are good for geeks. The new comers don't see the menu button when it's not large and written "Menu" or something which tells them where it is. The colors you chose don't shock me, it has to be seen in a general screenshot of the desktop.
« Modifié: 12 mars 2013 à 12:51:03 par mélodie »
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Katana
« Réponse #18 le: 12 mars 2013 à 16:14:00 »
I have tried to tweak Lubuntu and remaster, the only times the result was almost usable was while using Remastersys. But the name of the user was still in many places of the system, issue about which I posted at the Remastersys forum, but I could not check the next advice fragadelic gave me then because I have put the machine aside for other projects. The other times, when trying to strip it and modify I did the same as konaexpress, I just broke it. :D
This one, http://tyruiop.eu/~melodie/Downloads/ISOS/Ubuntu/obubuntu-12.04-i386-RC3.iso, had to have come from Lubuntu. Here's a screenshot of the installer:

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #19 le: 12 mars 2013 à 17:49:44 »
I have got to find a way to edit that dang installer.......

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #20 le: 12 mars 2013 à 22:17:59 »
I have got to find a way to edit that dang installer.......

The installer is made of several packages. There is Ubiquity, Casper, and the slideshows. If you tell me what you want to modify maybe we can help each other ?

I have the permission from the father of the Lubuntu flavor to use the Lubuntu Ubiquity slideshow for the time of the creation of the Ubuntu Openbox spin.

The correct way to make a ubiquity-slideshow-openbox will be to get the ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu source package and work with it until a new package can be done out of it.

You type this command to get it (be in the /tmp directory if you wish to do tests, so you will see after if you keep the files, and where):

apt-get source ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu
you will find more info here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/precise/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #21 le: 12 mars 2013 à 23:18:08 »
I would think the slide show screens but maybe the labels in the Ubi installer if they say Lubuntu or Ubuntu.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #22 le: 12 mars 2013 à 23:37:25 »
Holly Cow!

I spoke too soon, there is around 50000 languages to support! I might be able to mod it for English but Wow, just Wow!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #23 le: 13 mars 2013 à 00:08:50 »
Holly Cow!

I spoke too soon, there is around 50000 languages to support! I might be able to mod it for English but Wow, just Wow!

LOL!

I think we could work all together to create one for a Ubuntu Openbox base ? Or maybe one for the Ubuntu Openbox full ? Not sure. Starting with the English version is the most efficient way, choosing which slides will be created, and what will be said is a big job in itself.

To lower the burden I suggest we would start with a Lubuntu package which we will modify, and see after what is the next step. We would need to get a decision for the theme, (I have not done a theme for OBUbuntu, it is a plymouth theme ready to go in the repos, "solar flares" which I have reused for the other parts, and this is a temporary dirty job done to put up this project faster, and work on the parts to learn piece by piece).

Would you want to bring what you did in your MadBox to a Ubuntu Openbox project? Or make a specific theme we could dedicate to it? That would be great!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #24 le: 14 mars 2013 à 06:48:14 »
I have been looking at Razor QT more and it looks like you can theme this puppy but I am not having much luck with the how-to part as of yet. Make a custome theme I mean.

I will keep looking and see what I can find.

@Djohnston - what color theme are you going after? I never asked......yep, that's me!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #25 le: 14 mars 2013 à 16:41:29 »
@Djohnston

Have you thought about basing Katana off of Madbox and bypassing Lubuntu and LXDE? I bet this would work great and help to keep the size down a bit.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #26 le: 14 mars 2013 à 16:59:16 »
@Djohnston - what color theme are you going after? I never asked......yep, that's me!

In an attempt at color coordination, I was trying to keep it in line with the Katana wallpaper you made. White, red, blue, purple. With RazorQt, you only have the choice of an icon theme and a razor theme. There are currently only 4 razor themes installed. I haven't even looked at trying to get or make more. The icon theme is always the same as the one chosen in Openbox's Customize Look & Feel. I've never created a custom theme, just mixed and matched what is provided.

With the Openbox theming that also affects the look of the RazorQt desktop, everything is default Lubuntu (blue and white) because of the GTK2 versus GTK3 thing. The mouse cursor is the only Oxygen theme component used that wasn't installed by default when RazorQt was installed.

So, I think dressing it up more would consist of either finding or creating another GTK3 theme. (GTK3 because of the ubiquity installer.)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : Katana
« Réponse #27 le: 14 mars 2013 à 17:30:01 »
So, I think dressing it up more would consist of either finding or creating another GTK3 theme. (GTK3 because of the ubiquity installer.)

After the long article you provided for us, it seems a very difficult and complicated task to create a gtk3 theme. Have you tried the themes provided by the shimmer-themes package ? the Greybird is a gtk3 theme, and lubuntu also provides a gtk3 theme, if you want to have more blue colors.

I had an idea today. It seems only konaexpress is able to create artwork here up to now, and I would really like it if all our spins would have a common beautiful brilliant theme that we can all be proud of.  Then we could later start to modify slightly, progressively, of course, to enlight the differences: would it be a good idea to fancy starting with a common base for Village spins theme ?

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Re : Katana
« Réponse #28 le: 14 mars 2013 à 18:14:33 »
I had an idea today. It seems only konaexpress is able to create artwork here up to now, and I would really like it if all our spins would have a common beautiful brilliant theme that we can all be proud of.  Then we could later start to modify slightly, progressively, of course, to enlight the differences: would it be a good idea to fancy starting with a common base for Village spins theme ?

Sure, I don't see why not. If you can talk kona into learning how to create themes.  ;)  The three spins I've done, so far, are Katana (Lubuntu based), DebRazor (Debian LXDE netinstall based) and DebWeb (LinuxVillage) based. That is, the "default" or minimum LinuxVillage base that Taco.22 created.

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Re : Katana
« Réponse #29 le: 14 mars 2013 à 18:19:46 »

Try and draft LKJ from PClinuxOS, I see his work all over the web. He has mad skills when it comes to doing themes.