Auteur Sujet: Ubuntu Openbox Remix RC1_2  (Lu 13597 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Ubuntu Openbox Remix RC1_2
« Réponse #15 le: 22 février 2013 à 02:10:50 »
What are you using for the logout manager? That is not the stock OpenBox way of logging out I don't think.....I like it.

It has for name "obsession". Please have a look at the first post, now I put some blue in the text to make it come out.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #16 le: 22 février 2013 à 02:29:17 »
Ok,

to get software-properties-gtk to not crash, this is necessary:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/software-properties/+bug/624927/comments/5

This is changed when changing the name of the distro in the Ubuntu builder setup. I'll try to digg there later, going through the casper configuration files where it is supposed to be changed.

We ran into this with GambOS also. Thankfully a user built a GUI app to change this on the fly so we don't have to feel with it any longer.

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Ubuntu Openbox Remix RC1_2
« Réponse #17 le: 22 février 2013 à 02:31:08 »
It has for name "obsession". Please have a look at the first post, now I put some blue in the text to make it come out.
I see, that is cool. What is it programmed in?

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : Re : Ubuntu Openbox Remix RC1_2
« Réponse #18 le: 22 février 2013 à 03:26:49 »
I see, that is cool. What is it programmed in?

It is programmed in C. See here ? And yes, it is a very nice program, efficient, fast, and very handy to have. No package done so far. (but fast and easy to compile). :)

I thank mimas a lot for having written it!

...and the next obubuntu is on the road (RC2 because I did from RC1 to RC1_6 and even one more after...).

Here is how it goes on in the install:

I have ticked the option to install packages, and although it was up to date it has installed about 60 packages it seems (language packs perhaps ? not sure, it's a bit small for my sight in the vbox machine).

So all works well, at least here?

One of the things to add to the todo, is to modify a slideshow to adapt it to the Openbox version. One more will be to report a bug, but I am not sure yet how to present it.

In the live, there was an error message at the start of the desktop, related to the software-properties-gtk. It appears that the only file in /etc/xdg/autostart which could be related was the update-notifier.desktop file. If I started the update-manager from the menus then in it's window hit the button advanced, it was starting the software-properties-gtk window. So as a test I move the update-notifier.desktop to itself as update-notifier.desktop-backup and restarted the session : no more message. We will see if that is also true with the coming RC2 because I have renamed it there too. If the error does not appear either in that one version I will be good to go report this in bugzilla.

« Modifié: 22 février 2013 à 03:33:10 par mélodie »

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Ubuntu Openbox Remix RC1_2
« Réponse #19 le: 22 février 2013 à 07:55:38 »
How do you update the install screen? I always wondered about that, think I read that it is HTML based?

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #20 le: 22 février 2013 à 08:00:45 »
I looked at the site for Obsession, it looks real nice! This is what Open Box has needed for a while. I made my logout manager in Gambas an it runs well to, I made it so I could add a graphic image to it like the LXDE one.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #21 le: 22 février 2013 à 10:23:56 »
The obsession package as you saw provide three different components. And if you download the source you will also get images for the graphical logout. Mine use only the icons from the icon theme installed.

RC2 is out ! Same adress as in the first post, just hit RC2 ! the former bugs are solved, now I need the people to find the bugs I didn't meet with yet!

(not much time this morning to say more... )

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #22 le: 22 février 2013 à 18:10:57 »
I will go download it now.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #23 le: 22 février 2013 à 21:35:59 »

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : Ubuntu Openbox Remix RC1_2
« Réponse #24 le: 22 février 2013 à 21:55:22 »
I think you mean RC1_2.

Nope. I have done RC1_3 to RC1_6 at home, plus an additional one, and I ended getting rid of the 3 annoying bugs so I gave it RC2 for a name.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #25 le: 22 février 2013 à 22:00:20 »
RC2 is out ! Same adress as in the first post, just hit RC2 !

Well, then, I just downloaded the wrong one. Your first post shows links for RC1_2. I don't see any for RC2.

EDIT: Okay, I found the new thread you started. Downloading now.
« Modifié: 22 février 2013 à 22:02:11 par djohnston »

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #26 le: 22 février 2013 à 23:33:42 »
Cr@p, I downloaded the wrong one too. Someone please kill that link, I just spent the last hour and a half trying to install it again with no luck.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #27 le: 23 février 2013 à 00:32:16 »
Ok, first post modified in a visible way.

Kona, the installer is Ubiquity, and the ads for the distro is contained in slide shows. ubuntu-slideshow, lubuntu-slideshow... I got permission from Julien Lavergne to use it for the purpose of this project. To modify it, it will be necessary to redo the slides (they are small images) and edit xml files (it is very close to html, but with a different doctype).

It is possible to study the sources of the package, which are common to the slideshows of all the Ubuntu official versions. I am not sure this is quite necessary to make the Ubiquity program run, but I think it looks good!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #28 le: 23 février 2013 à 03:12:54 »
Not sure I follow but if I could get my hands on the graphics then maybe we could just swap them out with your/our graphics and use the same file names so there is little to re-code. I would think that replacing the text would be really easy.

This would make the distro look sharp!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #29 le: 23 février 2013 à 13:37:45 »
Not sure I follow but if I could get my hands on the graphics then maybe we could just swap them out with your/our graphics and use the same file names so there is little to re-code. I would think that replacing the text would be really easy.

This would make the distro look sharp!

It is a long work to do, because for 1 all the images must be replaced with relevant screen-shots, and for 2 there are 13 xml files (13 languages), if I remember well. So this is not in a hurry, because it is also conditioned partly by the future final choice of applications, which is not yet fully defined, unless we just mention the actual ones ? Not sure.

I might want gxine as a video reader : it seems to avoid lots of bloat, but I didn't test it to read videos yet so...

The first need is testing in as many machines as possible, to check for hardware related bugs. BTW, in Virtualbox, a tip : lately I noticed I could not get the network working, if I configured Vbox to use bridge mode instead of NAT, in the network configuration section of the virtualbox setup.