Auteur Sujet: Password for Remastersys iso  (Lu 26014 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Password for Remastersys iso
« Réponse #15 le: 18 février 2013 à 01:24:03 »

EDIT: More specifically, one of the recently updated gvfs packages overwrote the changes to the config file /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount.

Have you tried copying your modified network.mount file to ~/.local/share/gvfs/mounts to see if that would solve it ? (creating the new subdirectories in .locale/share, of course).

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Password for Remastersys iso
« Réponse #16 le: 18 février 2013 à 05:36:44 »
Have you tried copying your modified network.mount file to ~/.local/share/gvfs/mounts to see if that would solve it ? (creating the new subdirectories in .locale/share, of course).

Yes, it fixes the problem. No, no need to copy anything. Edit the file as root and change

AutoMount=true
to

AutoMount=false
Problem solved ... Until the next gvfs update.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Password for Remastersys iso
« Réponse #17 le: 18 février 2013 à 06:20:49 »
What I am trying to tell you is this : if it works also in the home of the user, then the next gvfs update should not have any effect at all because the configurations which are in the home of the user overwrite the ones from the system.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #18 le: 18 février 2013 à 23:51:10 »
What I am trying to tell you is this : if it works also in the home of the user, then the next gvfs update should not have any effect at all because the configurations which are in the home of the user overwrite the ones from the system.

Hmmm. Well, there is a ~/.gvfs/ directory, but it is empty in both bare metal installations and in VBox installations. The configuration file under discussion, network.mount, is in /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/ directory. So, I "duplicated" the directory structure by creating ~/.gvfs/mounts directory and copied the network.mount file there. Whether that local config will override the system's config I don't know. I'll have to test it.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #19 le: 19 février 2013 à 00:08:41 »
I don't know if the system looks where you put it. I always use the ~/.local/share directory as I have indicated above. And it is most likely that the ~/.gvfs is empty for a reason and should not be used.

« Modifié: 19 février 2013 à 00:10:38 par mélodie »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #20 le: 19 février 2013 à 00:32:03 »
Here's what I've tried so far. I set the system config to AutoMount=true. I set the local config to AutoMount=false. I tried the local config file as:

~/.gvfs/mounts/network.mount
~/.local/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount
~/.local/share/network.mount

Did a reboot in between each change. No effect. If the system config file is set to true, the local config does not override it, unless I haven't found the right place for it. I'll research this, but I believe the solution is to set /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount to immutable or to read-only. I'll try them both before doing the Synaptic updates that pull in about 6 new gvfs packages.

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
« Réponse #21 le: 19 février 2013 à 01:36:35 »
Has anyone tried just doing that with VillageBox with no changes - download, dd to live, install and boot?

Sure, with a downloaded iso.   Working with a Scorpio right now, made a few
changes, trying to get used to Chromium, will try a remaster shortly leaving all
remastersys settings at default.   Should work I think ?

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #22 le: 19 février 2013 à 01:45:52 »
I'll try them both before doing the Synaptic updates that pull in about 6 new gvfs packages.

Ok. It's better to pull packages than pull hair...

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #23 le: 19 février 2013 à 06:24:52 »
Ok. It's better to pull packages than pull hair...

That's true.  ;D  I'm not really getting anywhere beyond testing. I reinstalled the latest Village_RC2_TEST_xz. /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount was already set to AutoMount=false. So I changed the file to read-only and changed the attributes to immutable (non-changeable).

root@DebWeb:/usr/share/gvfs/mounts# chmod 444 network.mount
root@DebWeb:/usr/share/gvfs/mounts# chattr +i network.mount

Then I did the full updates. As I suspected, one package refused to update.

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/gvfs-backends_1.12.3-4_i386.deb: unable to make backup link of `./usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
So, I changed the immutable bit.

root@DebWeb:/usr/share/gvfs/mounts# chattr -i network.mount
gvfs-backends package then updated and overwrote the config file, changing the contents back to AutoMount=true. It also changed the read only status of the file to 644 (-rw-r--r--). I have searched for about an hour for a way to configure locally. The only thing I've discovered is that ~/.gvfs is where gvfs-mount creates the mount point for remote and custom filesystems when a user mounts them.
« Modifié: 19 février 2013 à 06:28:02 par djohnston »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #24 le: 19 février 2013 à 06:27:28 »
Sure, with a downloaded iso. Working with a Scorpio right now, made a few changes, trying to get used to Chromium, will try a remaster shortly leaving all remastersys settings at default. Should work I think ?

Well, the Scorpio remaster is quite a bit different than the LinuxVillage one. Taco.22 could probably tell you the differences.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #25 le: 19 février 2013 à 12:26:40 »
djohnston, I would suggest you go to the Debian bug tracker and seek for a bug report, or if none is there file one against gvfs. The updates should not overwrite the configurations done in the system.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #26 le: 19 février 2013 à 20:13:17 »
I've searched bug tracker and didn't find that one. I'll report it using the reportbug app. (It's the recommended way.)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #27 le: 19 février 2013 à 20:31:56 »
Alors bon courage. But if this fails, let us know.

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
Re : Re : Re : Re : Password for Remastersys iso
« Réponse #28 le: 20 février 2013 à 03:16:23 »
Well, the Scorpio remaster is quite a bit different than the LinuxVillage one. Taco.22 could probably tell you the differences.

Hi DJ,

Why so ?     Scorpio is supposed to be the standard I thought.    Just added some software, changed
a few colors, etc..    Nothing system related.

Looking pretty good.   So busy today doing other things, the remaster only takes about a half hour
or so.    Want to change it to a 16 GB flash, they actually run faster than the 8 GB flash's.   Specs
are more full on the bigger one I guess.     

What makes you think it won't work ?

Got to look it over one more time before I do it, time is scarce this week.

Have a good one.

patrick

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #29 le: 20 février 2013 à 04:11:38 »
There is no reason why Scorpio won't work, but it is different to VillageBox.  Scorpio is based on the first series of Debian net-install that I did - Wheezy_OB.  However somehow in that build I failed to install the locale packages that enabled other languages.  Melodie took hold of it, installed the locale/language software and then reinstalled all the apps so that the spin could be done in French.  Later I downloaded her French edition, converted it back to English, added other software and released it as a stripped down version.  Djohnston then got hold of it and added software that made managing language and locale simple.  Somewhere along the line it was christened VillageBox.

The original Scorpio still works fine - it just won't convert to other languages.  I have a new one based on VillageBox sitting in the wings, but in the meantime the original version is perfectly workable.
What can go wrong !!!