Projects and resources (En) > Distributions and links to ISO

Slackel Openbox

(1/1)

Taco.22:
In my pursuit of anything that vaguely resembles Openbox I stumbled across Slakel, particularly the Openbox version.  Two things were immediately apparent.  The first is that the version I downloaded did not have a live option - it was for install only.  That was not a good start and I am still trying to find a live OB !!

Second point is the screenshot below of Slakel OB in Virtualbox - I have circled the odd bit!

The Bonsai name might ring a bell with those familiar with melodie and her PCLOS Openbox family.  Probably nothing to it all but so far it's two strikes out of three! 

konaexpress:
Isn't Slakl a Version of Puppy Linux? I thought they were all a live version by nature. Strange...........

melodie:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 25 mars 2013 à 13:49:29 ---The Bonsai name might ring a bell with those familiar
--- Fin de citation ---

They did it first. When Zenwalk had a split which lead some guys to create and develop Salix, derivated from Slackware, Salix has been known as the distro with the Bonsai : small light and object of the finest care. Slackit is derivated from Slackware and Salix.

--- Citer ---Slackel is based on Slackware and Salix. It uses the excellent Salix tools and Salix packages
--- Fin de citation ---

I have released bento2 very recently, and didn't yet announce it in the English sections of our forums. You can have a look at the French section here. So, this is the latest Openbox live made available here at LinuxVillage. :)

This one might be the last test version before I start working on the parts I left aside yet : the slideshow and the bootlogo file which goes into isolinux, mainly.

--- Citation de: konaexpress le 25 mars 2013 à 16:08:21 ---Isn't Slakl a Version of Puppy Linux? I thought they were all a live version by nature. Strange...........

--- Fin de citation ---

No, it is a Slackware branded distribution.

Taco.22:
Looks like I have done Slackel a disservice regarding the Bonsai name - I should have researched further!  Pity they don't do a live version - I would have thought that running live with an installer was the user-friendliest way to go.

melodie:
Hi,

You could not know, if you had not tried Salix when it came out. How could you know ? But the Bonsai has never been their code name, it is their logo.

It is user friendly : for the geeks who love it K.I.S.S :)

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

Utiliser la version classique