Projects and resources (En) > Create masters

Password for Remastersys iso

<< < (2/9) > >>

Taco.22:
Patrick - could you list exactly what changes you made to the VillageBox install that you then tried to remaster.  Also the hardware that you remastered on and the file system used.  I will replicate as best I can and see what the result is. 

EDIT - probably this goes for everybody.  Download the VillageBox ISO, install it onto a physical medium like a hard drive or flash drive and then do a remaster.  Don't change anything!!  Then see if it wants to boot as it should.  We will then have a base level to work from.  If the remaster doesn't work then we have to look at hardware and/or other issues.  If the remaster works then we know that the base is fine.  After that we can work out what changes are or aren't working.  But we need a uniform base to work from.

patrick013:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 16 février 2013 à 10:14:38 ---Patrick - could you list exactly what changes you made to the VillageBox install that you then tried to remaster.  Also the hardware that you remastered on and the file system used.  I will replicate as best I can and see what the result is. 

EDIT - probably this goes for everybody.  Download the VillageBox ISO, install it onto a physical medium like a hard drive or flash drive and then do a remaster.  Don't change anything!!  Then see if it wants to boot as it should.  We will then have a base level to work from.  If the remaster doesn't work then we have to look at hardware and/or other issues.  If the remaster works then we know that the base is fine.  After that we can work out what changes are or aren't working.  But we need a uniform base to work from.

--- Fin de citation ---

After changing the config to show the live username as debianbox the new iso
failed to boot.   That was the only change I made to remastersys.    The other
stuff on the VB install is just some programs, etc..    Used ext3 plus extent,
installed lxpanel, pcmanfm, put pcmanfm in charge of the desktop, turned off
gigolo and thunar daemons, the other programs are just client software.
Changing the live username just knocks out autologin looks like.

This is an Asus EeePC900 with 1.6 Atom.   The VB install is on a 8 GB flash drive.
The remaster ran well, only about half an hour, about 500 MB's.    Installed
the iso to a 8 GB flash drive with unetbootin formatted FAT 32.

Don't know what else I can tell you.   This live username thing...just lock it at
one value if possible.

What else you need to know ?

regards,

patrick

melodie:
Hi,

I would not consider Virtualbox safe for performing remasters. I use it for test purpose such as seeing if a box works well, installs well, or to make tests in Windows machines, or check a website in a windows os where reigns the blue 'e'. ;)

What about using Taco's method, in flash drives, or in a machine on "bare metal"? (Or did I misunderstood ? Haven't you tried to remix/remaster in a Virtualbox machine?)

patrick013:

--- Citation de: mélodie le 16 février 2013 à 22:25:53 ---Hi,

I would not consider Virtualbox safe for performing remasters. I use it for test purpose such as seeing if a box works well, installs well, or to make tests in Windows machines, or check a website in a windows os where reigns the blue 'e'. ;)

What about using Taco's method, in flash drives, or in a machine on "bare metal"? (Or did I misunderstood ? Haven't you tried to remix/remaster in a Virtualbox machine?)

--- Fin de citation ---

No, I never use VirtualBox, probably too slow on my machine.

By VB I meant Village Box.     

melodie:

--- Citation de: patrick013 le 16 février 2013 à 23:41:10 ---By VB I meant Village Box.
--- Fin de citation ---

I suspected I had not understood something. Thanks for clearing. :)

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique