Projects and resources (En) > Create masters

Village_in_space

<< < (2/11) > >>

melodie:
Hi,

SpaceFM is a very good file manager. The only problem is that at first sight there is just too much stuff in the right-click menus, and in the left sidebar once you start clicking on the different options, and it is difficult to find it's way through. At a time I exchanged a few mails with the author of the program and asked if maybe he could implement 3 levels for the users in the preference : "beginner - average - expert" to make the learning curve easier, or just provide the basic which most people want. He didn't say no, but I don't know if he kept this idea in a todo, and I didn't try it since a long time now.

Have you tried the search feature ? I think it probably works very well, whereas many other gui search apps I tried found nothing at all on several files I was seeking for, and compared to "find" and "locate" commands. (still thinking forward to provide non tech users the tools they need).

Taco.22:
Yeah, I guess the only real "problem" is that it tries to be "all things to all men" - it does a lot of stuff and the interface can be a little intimidating.  The built in search function works well - almost makes catfish superfluous.

patrick013:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 14 février 2013 à 00:37:59 ---Yeah, I guess the only real "problem" is that it tries to be "all things to all men" - it does a lot of stuff and the interface can be a little intimidating.  The built in search function works well - almost makes catfish superfluous.

--- Fin de citation ---

Is there a .deb package for SpaceFM ?    I can't find one.

I like Searchmonkey a bunch, seems catfish needs to run as root to find everything.
Except Searchmonkey overfills the screen on my netbook.

Maybe I'm full of blarney, is that French ?

Taco.22:

--- Citer ---Maybe I'm full of blarney, is that French ?
--- Fin de citation ---
Umm, I really think that's Irish!

Download and install Spacefm for Debian from here or here, or set up apt-get from the ppa here .

melodie:
Hi,

What is "blarney" ?   ???

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique