Questions En > Help requests

User Admin - Gui

(1/5) > >>

patrick013:
Looked in the Debian repo for a User Admin Gui.   I feel like
a chicken punching in terminal commands for this.

Any package(s)  I missed.

THX

Patrick

djohnston:
As far as I know, usermode is the only GUI for dealing with user properties, and you can't do much using it. Debian needs some kind of Control Center to be on a par with Mandy/Mageia and Suse.

The AntiX people wrote a bash script for dealing with user management tasks. I still have a copy of it. It can be adapted to your needs if I know what you are trying to accomplish. It was part of the Openbox Control Center I adapted to one of Melodie's respins a while back. What DE are you using?

The CLI commands for dealing with user-related management are adduser, deluser, useradd, userdel and usermod.

Taco.22:

But seriously (!!) it might be a good idea to revisit the Openbox Control Center again.  @djohnston - I tried your link in the old forum but it errored out.  Could you post it again so we can have another look at it? 

EDIT - installing gnome-system-tools (5mb download and 13mb installed) gives the "Users and Groups" application.  Not sure what else got installed because I have installed a number of other things as well!!  Anyway, there might be a way of refining it down and adding some other things.

melodie:
I would love us to have an Openbox Control Center! When I see the bunch of entries in the Preferences menus, it seems to me all is needed, and at same time it looks very crowded.

patrick013:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 05 avril 2013 à 08:34:51 ---EDIT - installing gnome-system-tools (5mb download and 13mb installed) gives the "Users and Groups" application. 

--- Fin de citation ---

On my Debian-LXDE it wanted a 100MB download and over 300MB finished
size, way too big.

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

Utiliser la version classique