Questions En > Help requests

PCmanFM

(1/4) > >>

konaexpress:
Hi, got a question about PCmanFM...

How in the world do you get Favorites to work in it. I have tried many times to drag and drop a folder in to the left pain but it does not stick like it does in other distros. How do you set folders for the top left pain also?

Thanks -John

djohnston:
I assume you're dealing with DebGambas here. Yes, the Debian config is different than PCLOS. However, it's easy to add a "favorite" to the left pane. It's called a "bookmark". (Don't ask me why.)

Open the folder you want as a favorite. While viewing the contents of that folder, click Bookmarks > Add To Bookmarks. Give it any name you want. Want to delete a "bookmark"? Right-click in the left pane and select "Remove from Bookmark".

melodie:
Hi,
I also tried a few times to use a drag-and-drop method in PCManFM but no : only using the menus as described by djohnston do work.

PS: my bad, in PCManFM 1.1.0 in Archlinux I just dragged and dropped successfully my "Documents" folder to the bookmarks!

konaexpress:
Thanks for the help guys.

There has to be a setting somewhere, I have seen it work in other distros. Gambos alpha 3 is based on Lubuntu 12.04 but it works in Lubuntu 12.10. I don't get it....

I do not have the Deb version of Gambos up yet, one man show but I will get to it.

melodie:
Kona, can you look in your menus to see which version PCManFM you are running ?  (Help > About)

There is no option to set it up, but it might be a matter of version. Unless your icon theme has a bug ? (Never know... )

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

Utiliser la version classique