Auteur Sujet: Qupzilla - Qt browser  (Lu 3328 fois)

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Qupzilla - Qt browser
« le: 14 mars 2013 à 03:43:18 »
In response to the article djohnston posted in the Bistro about the major dramas with GTK3 I decided to install and try Qupzilla.  To quote their site -
QupZilla is modern web browser based on WebKit core and Qt Framework. WebKit guarantees fast browsing and Qt availability on all major platforms.
It is laid out in a conventional Firefox manner and is very configurable.  It is fast and so far it is working really well.  If their are no hiccups I may well replace Chromium with it - I am seriously considering it for VillageBox.

It is not in the Debian repo but can be downloaded from http://www.qupzilla.com/.  To install open a terminal and cd to the directory containing the .deb and as su do "dpkg -i name_of_package.deb".  This will probably then throw an error message about uninstalled dependencies.  Just do "apt-get install -f" - this will automatically install the dependencies.  Then do "dpkg -i name_of_package.deb" again and the package will install.

In light of the posted article it may well be an idea to come up with alternative Qt based applications that will help avoid or reduce conflict with GTK3 and the rest of the Gnome shenanigans.   
What can go wrong !!!

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Qupzilla - Qt browser
« Réponse #1 le: 14 mars 2013 à 03:59:55 »
Well....there is a small text editor called Tea that is QT.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 14 mars 2013 à 04:01:35 »
Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten about Qupzilla. So far, I am very pleased with the performance of the WebQt web browser. Although it's not nearly as feature rich as, say, Chrome or Firefox, it is quick, stable and has not yet crashed on me. I cannot say that about Midori.

I'll be trying Qupzilla, too. It should be all about choice, shouldn't it?

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #3 le: 14 mars 2013 à 04:15:01 »
I know that one of the best Python IDE's is QT based, it's called Ninja IDE.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #4 le: 14 mars 2013 à 09:53:55 »
I think it would be an idea to setup a page with frames to list intersting apps, with one column for Debian : packaged ? Yes | No, same for Ubuntu, then a column giving the info on how to get it.

What do you think ? (Desmoric promised us a Wiki, I don't know if he got the necessary webspace yet... )

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.