Projects and resources (En) > Distributions and links to ISO

Elementary OS

<< < (3/6) > >>

Yoshi2889:
Looks like the issue with freezes has been recorded and is being debugged. Great.

I'm going to run Ubuntu until Elementary goes (more) stable, since it's definitely not meant to be run on production systems ATM.

melodie:
Hi Yoshi,

I wonder if you installed E17 on top of the latest Bento2 mini how that would go ? At PCLinuxOS some time ago a guy had done a version "gtk light" of E17 for which he used the pclinuxos openbox mini I had done with the help of the people there, and it seemed to work well and have some success.
Wouldn't you like to try ?

Yoshi2889:

--- Citation de: mélodie le 20 avril 2013 à 14:57:56 ---Hi Yoshi,

I wonder if you installed E17 on top of the latest Bento2 mini how that would go ? At PCLinuxOS some time ago a guy had done a version "gtk light" of E17 for which he used the pclinuxos openbox mini I had done with the help of the people there, and it seemed to work well and have some success.
Wouldn't you like to try ?

--- Fin de citation ---
Thanks for the offer, though I'm not a fan of Enlightment at all :)

I'd rather use the Pantheon desktop of Elementary but since it is highly unstable at the time...

melodie:
I don't know why I thought this distro was kind of wrapped around e17. Sorry for the confusion. I just read here, btw:
http://linuxmotion.com/tutorials/73-how-to-install-pantheon-desktop-enviroment-in-ubuntu-12-10

are you saying this desktop shell is not stable ? So what are you using in this OS ? (I don't really know what I missed... )

Yoshi2889:

--- Citation de: mélodie le 21 avril 2013 à 01:01:23 ---I don't know why I thought this distro was kind of wrapped around e17. Sorry for the confusion. I just read here, btw:
http://linuxmotion.com/tutorials/73-how-to-install-pantheon-desktop-enviroment-in-ubuntu-12-10

are you saying this desktop shell is not stable ? So what are you using in this OS ? (I don't really know what I missed... )

--- Fin de citation ---
Nah, the OS is kinda unstable. But it's do-able, I just have to use my laptop with a bit more caution :)

The main problems aren't going away with Ubuntu either, only the freezing issue. Ubuntu in addition suffers from random crashes on my laptop.

Only thing I've got to run stable on my laptop are Fedora and OpenSUSE.

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique