Auteur Sujet: Conky Script Manager  (Lu 7754 fois)

konaexpress

• Invité
Conky Script Manager
« le: 26 février 2013 à 06:01:38 »
Almost done programming an app to take care of Conky scripts. A user will be able to import them,save them and let the app make the script change so Conky can be changed on the fly. Working on a text editor for it now but I don't know if that will be in version one or two. Hope to have a couple of screenshots of it soon.

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Conky Script Manager
« Réponse #1 le: 26 février 2013 à 18:37:56 »
Here are a couple of screen shots.

The main window:

Screen shot 2013-02-26 at 9.06.23 AM by The Kona Express, on Flickr

The finder window to add new scripts:

Screen shot 2013-02-26 at 9.07.05 AM by The Kona Express, on Flickr

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 12 mars 2013 à 04:12:44 »
OK, almost done with it and it works great but what the hell is up with Conky? Is it just me or is it when Conky is installed in Debian LXDE, it does not read the blasted .conkyrc file in /home? I see that Taco put it in /home/user/Conky and it works, how did he get it to read there? I can change my app to put the files there but how does Conky know to go there and not in /home?

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #3 le: 12 mars 2013 à 07:41:18 »
In the OB auto start file I instructed conky to start thus -
conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc &This tells conky to start, "-c" to check in a directory, and then the path to the file.  In LXDE you will probably have to change the .desktop file in the ~/.config/autostart directory to reflect this.  To get the conky script to stick after reboot you probably need the script to modify that file.

NB - I really need to start writing "~/" as "$HOME" - is more consistent with coding.  Thus - conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc & would be conky -c $HOME/.conky/conkyrc &
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #4 le: 12 mars 2013 à 13:11:07 »
Hi,

I LXDE you need to add a desktop file in the ~/.config/autostart directory. (For one person, if you want it started for all, you will add it into /etc/xdg/autostart, and there is also one more method, adding "@program" in a file... see the LXDE wiki for more).

If no desktop file exists you can create it.

To create a small basic desktop file we can use lxshortcut. For example in console,

lxshortcut -o conky.desktop
starts a little window; once the fields filled, this is what I get:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=Conky
Name[fr_FR]=Conky
Icon=utilities-system-monitor
Exec=/usr/bin/conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc
Comment[fr_FR]=
StartupNotify=true

There is a help to it : "lxshortcut --help" or "lxshortcut --help-all" and so on...

I think I can change the last line of this desktop file to false.

In Archlinux, the .conkyrc I have is directly under my home. All configuration files tend to be placed into ~/.config/ in their own directory, (except for the ones which use lots of space.)which is cleaner and easier to manage.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne arpinux

• Néophyte
    • arpinux.org
« Réponse #5 le: 13 mars 2013 à 15:07:47 »
don't know if you've seen this, but benoitfra, a crunchbang french user, made a little apps called cb-conky-tool.
it can start/stop/edit/add to autostart any conky.
http://crunchbanglinux-fr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1864
it's in french but easily understandable.
if you need help in translation and/or infos, let me know.
i'm using this tool in livarp_0.3.9: here is a little presentation of conky-switcher in english : http://arpinux.org/livarp/help_center/us/config/conky.html

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #6 le: 13 mars 2013 à 15:48:21 »
Hey, thanks for that. It look kinda cool and useful. 

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #7 le: 13 mars 2013 à 16:57:45 »
Found a bug when I installed it into my experimental Bobcat iso.

Is the sign to start an app and then release it the "&" sign? Like in :

$conky &
Just wondering because when I stop the program, it also kills Conky too. This is a bug.......

Hors ligne arpinux

• Néophyte
    • arpinux.org
« Réponse #8 le: 13 mars 2013 à 18:14:57 »
the little cross on the top-right corner of the apps is not here to kill conky-switcher but to stop all conky.
i don't have issue with it. i've included conky-switcher directly to my build env for livarp : https://gitorious.org/livarp/livarp_039/trees/master/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/bin/conky_switcher .

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Conky Script Manager
« Réponse #9 le: 13 mars 2013 à 18:30:18 »
the little cross on the top-right corner of the apps is not here to kill conky-switcher but to stop all conky.
i don't have issue with it. i've included conky-switcher directly to my build env for livarp : https://gitorious.org/livarp/livarp_039/trees/master/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/bin/conky_switcher .

I am so sorry, that last post was not meant for you.....so sorry.

I was testing the conky manager that a friend and I made and found a couple of bugs in it but I fixed them and it runs like a charm for now.

Thanks you for your interest though, hope you might try this app out too someday.

Hors ligne arpinux

• Néophyte
    • arpinux.org
« Réponse #10 le: 13 mars 2013 à 23:01:36 »
i will for sure  :) thx for sharing