Auteur Sujet: Bento x86_64 RC1 is available  (Lu 5968 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Bento x86_64 RC1 is available
« le: 15 mars 2014 à 10:37:04 »
Hello,

Built on the same model as the 32bits version, after a few days work, Bento 64bits is ready to be tested.

It comes with a kernel 3.11, Libreoffice, a web browser, a text editor, and a few other programs.

Version RC minus 4 is installed on my machine, an AMD Athlon dual core 64 bits with 4 GB ram. This has been the environment used to build the one available on-line now.

Downloads:
http://phillw.net/isos/bento-ubuntu-remix/
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso   15-Mar-2014 03:51    698M   
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso.md5sum   15-Mar-2014 03:51    63   

http://linuxvillage.org/Downloads/ISOS/LinuxVillage/Ubuntu/
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso   15-Mar-2014 03:51    698M   
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso.md5sum   15-Mar-2014 03:51    63

Enjoy! :D

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

yzeew

• Invité
Re : Bento x86_64 RC1 is available
« Réponse #1 le: 15 mars 2014 à 19:29:21 »
Coucou,
Je garde l'iso pour faire un test sur un vieux pc portable que je vais récupérer dans la semaine.

Merci ;)

Jeff

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 16 mars 2014 à 14:50:41 »
Hi Mélodie,

RC1 will not run in virtualbox, on my Alienware laptop.  I keep getting a kernel panic message about needing a 64bit machine.  This laptop has an Intel I7 processor (64bit).  Additionally, I burnt a live CD and it boots to a blank screen.  By the way, the MD5 checksum is fine.   I'll give it a try on a couple of other 64 bit laptops, when it get a chance.

Jeff

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #3 le: 16 mars 2014 à 15:33:24 »
Hi Jeff,

I don't know what to say right now. Have you paid attention when selection the type of OS in Virtualbox? I'll have a look at the types of kernels they provide at the Ubuntu packages places and ask for more information at the #ubuntu-kernel IRC chans in the evening if needed and will be back with any info I'll find.

About the boot to blank screen, what is the GPU on that machine? You might need to try to boot with the "nomodeset" parameter (when you get the choice of boot entries, press F4 to display the options, then Escape once the option selected, then press Enter to boot).

Thanks for your feedback!

Jeff

• Invité
« Réponse #4 le: 16 mars 2014 à 21:12:42 »
Hi Mélodie,

My apologies, I forgot to pay attention to the type of OS in virtualbox.   RC1 is up and running at present.  I've yet to try your suggestion concerning the "nomodeset" parameter.  This machine has twin ATI HD5800 cards.  I did have success running the live CD on two other 64bit laptops, without any problems.

Take care,

Jeff

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #5 le: 19 mars 2014 à 01:16:17 »
Hi Jeff,

No problem, mistakes happen. I am happy to know that it works well in your vbox and on two laptops.

I'll be looking forward to know if that does the trick with the nomodeset parameter in the machine where you have the ATI GPU. You could also remove the "quiet splash" from the end of the kernel boot line (just before the -- sign at the end of the line).

Let me know about the other features, sound, wifi... whatever. There is a glitch by the way, I forget to add some scripts in the /usr/local/bin directory. You can get them here:
http://meets.free.fr/Downloads/BentoVillageProject/Configurations/System/bento-effect-scripts.tar.xz

If you place the archive right under / and untar it there with the admin rights it will get straight into the right place. (tar xvfJ bento-effect-scripts.tar.xz )

Take care too.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #6 le: 20 mars 2014 à 13:48:32 »
Hi,

I probably need to add libmtp-runtime to all versions. I just met with an issue (not very bad but better add the package).

Jeff

• Invité
« Réponse #7 le: 20 mars 2014 à 23:44:15 »
Hi Mélodie,

Live CD up and running on my Alienware using nomodeset.  In virtual box, I added your scripts and libmtp-runtime.  All appears to be working well.  I'll try to test further this weekend.

Jeff

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #8 le: 21 mars 2014 à 00:33:00 »
Hi Jeff,

The website and forum are going to move. I have sent one mail to all members, using the forum mailer to do that. All further messages until the move will be done could be lost.

Thanks for your feedback!