Questions En > Graphics / Artwork

Katana Black (LXDE)

<< < (2/2)

djohnston:
My working experience with computers goes back to 1974. But, I don't rest on my laurels. Learning is a never-ending process. And computer technology changes rapidly. First there was init. Now there are:

--- Citer ---boot-scripts: Event-driven. Each script declares its dependencies. Run order gets sorted out.

initNG: asynchronous startup

Apple launchd: init-substitute (PID 1) launchd runs /etc/rc, scans through /System/Library/LaunchDaemons and /Library/LaunchDaemons and acts on the plists ("property lists", which are XML goo) as needed, and starts the login window. (Something called SystemStarter was used prior to OS X v. 10.4.)

Solaris SMF (Service Management Facility): better service monitoring, debugging, and automated recovery, event-driven w/dependency tracking, better support for delegating some administrative tasks to non-privileged users, parallel startup.

runit: provides reliable interface to supervise daemon startup, shutdown, control, supervision. Provides clean process state, reliable logging, fast startup/shutdown. Small, portable.

syscan: by Daniel J. Bernstein, provided in daemontools

Ubuntu upstart: asynchronous/parallel and fast startup/shutdown.

eINIT: "full replacement of init designed to start processes asynchronously, but with the potential of doing things without shell scripts". Uses an XML configuration file.
--- Fin de citation ---

Too much to learn. But, the thing about learning is that you don't do it all at once. It's an ongoing process, and one learns a bit at a time.

djohnston:
Put another way, I really suck at art work! Like ka9hyd (sorry, I forgot your first name) says, you do have a lot to contribute.

konaexpress:

--- Citation de: djohnston le 08 mars 2013 à 22:02:29 ---Put another way, I really suck at art work! Like ka9hyd (sorry, I forgot your first name) says, you do have a lot to contribute.

--- Fin de citation ---

Looking at the last post, I think his name is Rob. ;D

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique