Auteur Sujet: What do standalone calenders and adressbook become?  (Lu 3009 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
What do standalone calenders and adressbook become?
« le: 29 juin 2013 à 01:10:08 »
Once upon a time, the FOSS developers used to create "one program for one task only, which does it well".

Here is what I reported at Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1000265

I have done the same at Mozilla some time before, but there I received a bad return for asking to restart a program which was obsoleted.

Calendars, Address books, all are included in mail suites, but having them separately is good for the resources, for we don't always need to have them all started at same time, and we can choose the one items we prefer. Instead of that, I had to replace Contacts and Sunbird by Evolution which has been the only program able to import the exports from the dying Contacts and Sunbird, but I have never used the mail from it, Sylpheed being the one for many years yet.

Evolution is also quite long to be started, even in the desktop with 4Gb ram and and dual-core amd athlon with enough "muscles". :)

Let's wait and see how will be the new gnome-calender mentioned by jbisha in the thread:
http://erick2red.github.io/blog/2013/06/25/june-update-on-calendar

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : What do standalone calenders and adressbook become?
« Réponse #1 le: 29 juin 2013 à 02:29:27 »
Have you tried XFCE's Orage for calendaring? May or may not do everything you want. I don't know.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : What do standalone calenders and adressbook become?
« Réponse #2 le: 29 juin 2013 à 12:04:51 »
Have you tried XFCE's Orage for calendaring? May or may not do everything you want. I don't know.

I have tried everything known out there, Orage, and Osmo as well. They don't import the files exported from other address and calendar managers. There is an import button in Osmo, but not working. Mostly the same story with Orage. I have been turning round and round several times each year since several years around this subject.
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.