Auteur Sujet: The forum skins  (Lu 5527 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
The forum skins
« le: 17 janvier 2013 à 01:08:05 »
Hi,

Should we create a poll about the different skins available in the profiles, within a few days ? I would like to know which one should be preferred as default theme ?

There is also a large gallery, it is very easy to pick some there and to add more, provided the chosen themes are recent, so that the main buttons are well at their place. (It is also fairly easy to remove one).

So perhaps the members of the LinuxVillage could wish that more themes be added in the future ?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : The forum skins
« Réponse #1 le: 17 janvier 2013 à 07:13:21 »
I would say yes, take a poll. I looked at the themes. Went with the (default) nearly all white one briefly, then switched back to the blue/black (forum default) theme. Others may have a different preference.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #2 le: 17 janvier 2013 à 08:54:15 »
Currently running "Curve" - light blue on white with orange highlights.  Quick and easy on the eye - control buttons are easy to read.  I found the dark ones way too dark, partly due to my monitor, but even so the contrast can be hard on the eye.
What can go wrong !!!

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : The forum skins
« Réponse #3 le: 17 janvier 2013 à 09:57:01 »
Currently running "Curve" - light blue on white with orange highlights.  Quick and easy on the eye - control buttons are easy to read.  I found the dark ones way too dark, partly due to my monitor, but even so the contrast can be hard on the eye.

Good choice. Think I'll stick with Curve, the SMF default.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #4 le: 17 janvier 2013 à 23:40:46 »
Hello,

I have liked the theme 2011 very much, but the buttons to access main controls are a bit difficult to see, and the dark CC which was chosen by Ka9hyd seems to me very well built. So at the moment I choose this one.

I started this thread here in order to be sure not to forget to do that later : once most of the community members will have registered here, or even a bit later, it will be time to start a poll.

In the meanwhile everyone can visit the theme gallery and suggest themes to try:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

if you suggest some please pick up recent themes. It's easy to add and remove but it is still time used and old themes mostly display the forum as an abstract frame! ^^

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : The forum skins
« Réponse #5 le: 18 janvier 2013 à 22:05:25 »
I am also using the CC theme...... Not because I picked it  :D  I like the contrast.

I have noticed that the last several times i have logged in here the theme was changed back to a white background theme and I had to change back to the CC theme.

After you change to the CC theme, do you scroll down and save your settings?

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #6 le: 19 janvier 2013 à 04:05:27 »
I am not sure, I may have selected the wrong option when I was testing themes. As I say I am not sure, but in case I did wrong, I present my apologize.