Questions En > Help requests

Village RC1 and Firefox

<< < (2/3) > >>

Taco.22:
Sorry - lowdown is slang for information.

I use the term cd to refer to the live cd and/or usb device that was used to boot the system.

To boot to ram on the fly you edit the grub line at boot.  To set the parameter on the remaster as default you edit the /usr/share/remastersys/isolinux/live.cfg file and then remaster.  You could certainly set it up as a boot option.  I was wondering how to do that as a default offering - I'll try it out.

patrick013:
I'm running a distro in RAM right now.   I don't think you can install
however from RAM only.

IceWeasel was the program with the download box empty.

melodie:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 25 janvier 2013 à 01:51:39 ---Sorry - lowdown is slang for information.

I use the term cd to refer to the live cd and/or usb device that was used to boot the system.

--- Fin de citation ---

Ok,

--- Citer ---To boot to ram on the fly you edit the grub line at boot.
--- Fin de citation ---

What GRUB ? Which GRUB ? Do you use GRUB to boot from your Live or do you use ISOLINUX ? Sorry Taco, but it's either or, it can't be both as far as I know (or at least it's usually either, or : why would one use two different bootloaders which provide the same features?)

Taco.22:
I probably should have just said "boot menu".  It is isolinux on the live-cd but it installs grub on hardware install.  Actually you can choose grub when remastering but I haven't tried that yet.

djohnston:

--- Citation de: patrick013 le 25 janvier 2013 à 02:28:10 ---I'm running a distro in RAM right now.   I don't think you can install
however from RAM only.

IceWeasel was the program with the download box empty.

--- Fin de citation ---

If you can wait for a day or two or three, I'll be uploading a Firefox/Thunderbird enabled LinuxVillage_RC2 respin. It won't be Iceweasel/Icedove, it will be Firefox/Thunderbird. Like Coke, it's the real thing.   ;)

Why not Iceweasel? Because most Firefox addons don't work correctly with it.

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique