Questions En > Help requests

Village RC1 and Firefox

<< < (3/3)

patrick013:

--- Citation de: djohnston le 25 janvier 2013 à 11:43:42 ---If you can wait for a day or two or three, I'll be uploading a Firefox/Thunderbird enabled LinuxVillage_RC2 respin. It won't be Iceweasel/Icedove, it will be Firefox/Thunderbird. Like Coke, it's the real thing.   ;)

Why not Iceweasel? Because most Firefox addons don't work correctly with it.

--- Fin de citation ---

Well I can live without T-Bird but Firefox 18.0.1 would be nice.    They fixed dozens
of bugs at once I read.

I can wait, no problem,  didn't know that about IceWeasel.

Thanks a million.

Patrick

djohnston:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 25 janvier 2013 à 00:37:44 ---   label livefailsafe
   menu label Live (failsafe)
   kernel /live/vmlinuz
   append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live config noapic noapm nodma nomce nolapic pci=nomsi nomodeset radeon.modeset=0 nouveau.modeset=0 nosmp vga=normal

--- Fin de citation ---

One slight modification. It should read:

label livefailsafe
   menu label Live (failsafe)
   kernel /live/vmlinuz
   append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live config toram noapic noapm nodma nomce nolapic pci=nomsi nomodeset radeon.modeset=0 nouveau.modeset=0 nosmp vga=normal

Sorry, I haven't downloaded the second iteration yet. I already have too much time invested in the first RC2 iteration.

Taco.22:
What I wound up doing was adding a second stanza to /etc/remastersys/isolinux/live.cfg  between live and livefailsafe -

--- Citer ---   label To RAM
   menu label Live to RAM
   kernel /live/vmlinuz
   append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live config toram quiet splash

--- Fin de citation ---
thus making it the second option at live cd boot.  The default and the failsafe I left alone.

There's nothing else in the RC2 revision that you can't do yourself.  I installed numlockx and set default to OFF in autostart; changed icon themes, but you'll do your own thing for your spin; and made the change you recommended about switching off auto network mount in Thunar through gvfs.

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique