Questions En > Help requests

Networking - wicd and gigolo

<< < (2/4) > >>

melodie:
For the icons you might need to have the same sets of icons on both sides. I have done a full series of screenshots with gigolo to post here I will post them in a few minutes.

And gigolo allows choosing which file manager to use. Same, it will show the screenshots.

melodie:
Hi,
Here is a full howto for all: Access remote machines with Gigolo

Taco.22:
Thank you - that was too obvious!!!  Change the name of the FM in preferences  :o.  How the heck did I miss that!  All is working now.  I'm going to have to go back through apt-get log to work out what I have installed and throw out the unneeded stuff - got a bit hectic there for a bit.  The other thing to work out is how to launch gigolo in the background but with a tray icon.  It works from terminal but not from autostart.  Maybe .xinitrc?

I have tried sshfs but whatever folder I mount to is inaccessible unless I'm root.   Folders become unknown documents - as root it becomes a folder.  It seems to be an issue with Thunar - still trying to nut that one out.

By the way, nice add to Tips and Tricks.

melodie:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 20 janvier 2013 à 17:21:08 ---how to launch gigolo in the background but with a tray icon.
--- Fin de citation ---

Tray icon is available in one of the tabs of the preferences menu.

Have fun!  :D

PS: <mode="OT"> could someone select a few icon themes to install and try on this forum ?</mode> (there are 51 of them available)

djohnston:

--- Citation de: Taco.22 le 20 janvier 2013 à 17:21:08 ---By the way, nice add to Tips and Tricks.

--- Fin de citation ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

[*] Page précédente

Utiliser la version classique