Auteur Sujet: Archpup  (Lu 6022 fois)

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Archpup
« le: 30 janvier 2013 à 15:10:15 »
And now for something completely different - Archpup.

Citation de: the home page
ArchPup is minimalistic Puppy Linux variant, built using Arch Linux packages, with pacman installed and configured as default package manager.  Combining speed and low resource requirements fromPuppy Linux with this powerful and efficient package manager,  ArchPup provides a light-weight, portable operating system and gives full control to the end user.

And all of 79mb.  Downloading now!  And don't tell anyone, but it's all root and no sudo!

EDIT - did dd to a usb stick and it didn't boot.  Bugger!
« Modifié: 30 janvier 2013 à 15:16:16 par Taco.22 »
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Archpup
« Réponse #1 le: 30 janvier 2013 à 16:24:32 »
Hello,

It is root because you need to be root to install a system (Archlinux way) and because there is no user yet! When you will create a user, the user will not be root.

About sudo : the Archlinux users often install it during install process or later, otherwise they can't use "yaourt" and such cli frontends to pacman which allow accessing to the AUR repository (the Alibaba cavern!).

To install to USB or hard drive, follow instructions from here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=671949

I didn't test but I would suppose it should work.

PS: I use about the same system, but built from the current Archlinux ISO:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_Guide

never know what the spins will contain... or miss.

« Modifié: 30 janvier 2013 à 16:30:18 par mélodie »
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Re : Archpup
« Réponse #2 le: 30 janvier 2013 à 17:10:50 »
Ahh, but this is PuppyLinux - always runs as root, thus no need for sudo or su.  I got it booted via Unetbootin and it runs Openbox with Thunar, Sakura and Geany, with pacman for software management.  Quite cute - you should have a look at it.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Archpup
« Réponse #3 le: 30 janvier 2013 à 17:13:31 »
Ahh, but this is PuppyLinux - always runs as root, thus no need for sudo or su.  I got it booted via Unetbootin and it runs Openbox with Thunar, Sakura and Geany, with pacman for software management.  Quite cute - you should have a look at it.

I should but I can't, having too much to do. I does not provide a gui package manager does it ? Because when a consistant and comprehensive one will be available for Archlinux, I will consider installing Archlinux to end users as well! Yeah !

(there are several out there, I tried them all at the beginning of last year, and no one was simple to read at and to use, and many where also heavy applications).

« Modifié: 30 janvier 2013 à 17:15:02 par mélodie »
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.