LinuxVillage welcome > Rules and life of the forum

To whom it may concern

(1/7) > >>

djohnston:
I've noticed a dramatic improvement in the overall responsiveness of the forum in the last 3 days. To whomever made this happen, thank you very much!  :-*

melodie:
You see me very happy about it. Maybe should I have again a look into the stats of the forum (in relation with the origin of the hits).

djohnston:

--- Citation de: ka9yhd le 18 juin 2013 à 07:15:01 ---I am still seeing error messages:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

--- Fin de citation ---

See if it happens with more than one browser. Just sayin' it could be browser related. I don't know.

melodie:

--- Citation de: djohnston le 18 juin 2013 à 07:48:24 ---See if it happens with more than one browser. Just sayin' it could be browser related. I don't know.

--- Fin de citation ---

I just reset my Firefox browser yesterday : after several years running with the same files, it was doing really weird things. I didn't want to loose the history password stocked bookmarks and so on, and I found an option in the "Help" menu of the browser which allows doing a "Health checkup" of the browser, and from there I have been suggest to follow a procedure to reset it without loosing all items. Tried it after a backup of the firefox directory (just in case).  It has also stored a backup during the procedure : the directory in on my Desktop.

I will see within a few days if that makes it work better…

djohnston:

--- Citation de: mélodie le 18 juin 2013 à 11:38:49 ---I didn't want to loose the history password stocked bookmarks and so on,
--- Fin de citation ---

I regularly backup my bookmarks using Firefox's builtin tools. I also regularly backup all my passwords using the Password Exporter addon. They can later be easily imported, just like my bookmarks.

As for the rest, I always dump history, cookies, local files, etc. on exit from Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

Utiliser la version classique