Questions En > Help requests

Problems with LXDE

(1/13) > >>

djohnston:
The first post in this thread has been moved to here. The reason is that this thread has become a mix of LXDE and other help answers, as well as an assortment of how-tos.

patrick013:

--- Citation de: djohnston le 04 juin 2013 à 04:04:33 ---The installed applications are part of the Debian LXDE desktop, except for file-roller which replaced Xarchiver.

--- Fin de citation ---

I put a copy of PeaZip portable in mine.    It's supposed to have 100's
of filetypes.    Just an idea.

Can't get used to using a root logoff, and haven't found a good theme
yet, but my Debian LXDE otherwise works great.

Have a good one.

Patrick

djohnston:

--- Citation de: patrick013 le 04 juin 2013 à 05:03:35 ---Can't get used to using a root logoff, and haven't found a good theme yet, but my Debian LXDE otherwise works great.
--- Fin de citation ---

root logoff? Do you mean you can't logout or shutdown/reboot unless you are user root? If so, something's missing.

patrick013:

--- Citation de: djohnston le 04 juin 2013 à 08:48:30 ---root logoff? Do you mean you can't logout or shutdown/reboot unless you are user root? If so, something's missing.

--- Fin de citation ---

Yes, if there's any window open it needs the root password,
otherwise it logs right out.    Debian's the only one that does
that.       Any fix for that ?

THX

Patrick

Taco.22:
If root is active then the root password is needed to log out, or the root activity shut down.  For example, if Synaptic is open, or apt-get is still live in a terminal the logout command will trigger a request for the root password so that the system can shut down those apps.  If you close them manually then the system will logout without error.

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

Utiliser la version classique