Questions En > Help requests

Remastersys for Debian

(1/7) > >>

konaexpress:
I have to give the guy who made rmastersys an A for effort but damn does it blow on a Debian distro. Kind of wondering if creating an extra partition and chrooting is the only way to go from here.....

I took a look at Linux from Scratch but holly cow is that doing things the hard way! can you unzip an iso into a partition and mount it so that you can install all the things you need?

patrick013:

--- Citation de: konaexpress le 05 mars 2013 à 21:38:30 ---I have to give the guy who made rmastersys an A for effort but damn does it blow on a Debian distro. Kind of wondering if creating an extra partition and chrooting is the only way to go from here.....

I took a look at Linux from Scratch but holly cow is that doing things the hard way! can you unzip an iso into a partition and mount it so that you can install all the things you need?

--- Fin de citation ---

I reinstalled Scorpio and chattr'd the config file shut.    No other problems
so far.   

Debian stable has a standard.iso if you didn't like Scorpio.    Has root and user
logins from the console and even has apt-get.   Scorpio is so much easier.

konaexpress:
hhhmmmmm....I have a copy of Scorpio I could load up I guess. I just formatted a 30 gig drive on an ext HD so that I can try this in VBox. I will make two drives and see if I can figure out how to unzip and ISo on to it.

This should be a pain in the @ss...........

konaexpress:

--- Citation de: patrick013 le 05 mars 2013 à 22:04:24 ---I reinstalled Scorpio and chattr'd the config file shut.    No other problems
so far.   

Debian stable has a standard.iso if you didn't like Scorpio.    Has root and user
logins from the console and even has apt-get.   Scorpio is so much easier.

--- Fin de citation ---

Just thought about this.....did you mean use Scorpio as a base and then load LXDE on top of it or did you mean use Scorpio as the Host image? Host image as in the one I will work from?

melodie:
Hi,

konaexpress, what would you like to do and what result would you want to get ? Maybe if you know how to answer this I could suggest a direct solution ?

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

Utiliser la version classique