Auteur Sujet: The elusive global menu button  (Lu 5293 fois)

Hors ligne WilliamKC

• Néophyte
The elusive global menu button
« le: 13 février 2014 à 21:22:44 »
I am constantly theming Bento. As such I got to thinking about the button to access the global menu. It seems to me that in this day and age, actually putting a text label on it such as "menu" or similar is kind of redundant as pretty much anyone can figure out what a well placed global menu button is. It's instinctive. So I have linked a screen shot showing the Bento cat logo as that very button. I think it is an elegant solution.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/wjcofkc/Selection_023_zps3df206ed.png

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : The elusive global menu button
« Réponse #1 le: 14 février 2014 à 12:05:42 »
Hi William,

Very nice! Sure it is a good idea, elegant, coming close to what Xubuntu, Lubuntu (for instance) provide. If you provide a 48x48 png image I will add it in the next ISO and set it up as default.

I would just like to ask you a favor : I live in another times and place (space and time differ here, aren't we all time travelers?). In a Lubuntu with a small button, people I was introducing to Linux didn't know where to click to access the menus. Could you also create a larger button, 48 pixels high, and large as the second button available in Lubuntu? (Don't remember the size now): put the small rond on the right and write again "Menus" (but with a "s", I forgot it when I did it). And you could use the same font as for the Bento writing on the splash plymouth.

That would be very nice of you!

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne WilliamKC

• Néophyte
« Réponse #2 le: 17 février 2014 à 14:16:23 »
Sorry, I just saw your reply, I am always expecting an email notification. Is there a setting for that. Anyway, I'll get right on it!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #3 le: 17 février 2014 à 21:53:02 »
Hi,

I think email notification works not well, you might receive them long after the message was sent. In the meanwhile as you know, I have received your images. Thanks!

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.