Auteur Sujet: For the stargazers among us  (Lu 5847 fois)

djohnston

• Invité
For the stargazers among us
« le: 17 janvier 2013 à 04:47:14 »
This guy built a motorized chair with binoculars. It uses common parts and appears to be easy to build if you have any woodworking and mechanical skills. It's an interesting build, nonetheless. You can see it here.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : For the stargazers among us
« Réponse #1 le: 23 janvier 2013 à 01:27:55 »
Your link is interesting. Does the man construct also for others ?
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #2 le: 23 janvier 2013 à 01:32:03 »
I've been into astronomy since I was a kid.  I have a couple of telescopes - one set up for solar astronomy and one for night-time.  When people ask me what the best equipment for star gazing is, the answer is simple -  set of good binoculars and a banana lounge!  Lie back, get comfortable and start looking up - more to see up there than you can poke a stick at.  Love the idea of powering that - the things you can do with a cordless drill!!
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : For the stargazers among us
« Réponse #3 le: 24 janvier 2013 à 21:41:12 »
Stargazing with Open Source – Three FOSS apps to help you search the night sky

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/features/stargazing-with-open-source-three-foss-apps-to-help-you-search-the-night-sky

Which all three where installed by Taco for his BlackCat spinoff. (Still available in French in this page! http://tyruiop.eu/~melodie/Downloads/ISOS/PCLinuxOS_Fr_2012

(and thanks for the reminder anyhow).

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #4 le: 24 janvier 2013 à 23:53:51 »
Citation de: ka9yhd
Stargazing with Open Source – Three FOSS apps to help you search the night sky

Thanks for the mention, melodie.  For those who may remember my Linux Astronomy spin on PCLOS Bonsai - it's back!!!

Well, sort of!  BlackCat was a standalone version of PCLOS Bonsai that specialized in astronomical software.  I had recently ported it over to Debian, based on an early version of Scorpio.  I have left it on the backburner due to new developments in the OB direction, but it might be ready to roll as an Alpha if people are interested.  Bit rough around the edges but ... the above apps are included!  I'll have a look at how much space I've got left on Dropbox - might need about a gig!
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #5 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 00:08:11 »
Hi,

I am willing to mirror all spins the members of the LinuxVillage do, especially your's and djohnston's (especially : for I know the quality of care you both bring to them, which means I'll mirror all spins and test versions for the members of the Village, as long as they are doing it with pleasure and seriousness!). I've got lots of space at tyruiop.eu and the LinuxVillage at tuxfamily has 100 GB, with possibility to ask for extension in the future, according to needs.

I have recently started to free the space from a 300 GB space which had been provided to me for the pclinuxosfr project (where I was putting all the spins, french or not french, mine or the ones done as spins of Bonsai, of course).

Feel free to notify me each time you have a new version ready to go and I'll mirror it (by hand as I don't know about tools to mirror automagically from dropbox... )

You pclinuxos blackcat was a great beauty, I hope you kept the html file you had done for the presentation, in order to recycle it ?

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #6 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 00:13:53 »
Thanks, Mel. I'm working on the new DebWeb respin, based on LinuxVillage_RC2. Should be done soon.