Projects and resources (En) > Create masters

Bento x86_64 RC1 is available

(1/2) > >>

melodie:
Hello,

Built on the same model as the 32bits version, after a few days work, Bento 64bits is ready to be tested.

It comes with a kernel 3.11, Libreoffice, a web browser, a text editor, and a few other programs.

Version RC minus 4 is installed on my machine, an AMD Athlon dual core 64 bits with 4 GB ram. This has been the environment used to build the one available on-line now.

Downloads:
http://phillw.net/isos/bento-ubuntu-remix/
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso   15-Mar-2014 03:51    698M   
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso.md5sum   15-Mar-2014 03:51    63   

http://linuxvillage.org/Downloads/ISOS/LinuxVillage/Ubuntu/
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso   15-Mar-2014 03:51    698M   
bento-x86-64-12.04.4-RC1.iso.md5sum   15-Mar-2014 03:51    63

Enjoy! :D

yzeew:
Coucou,
Je garde l'iso pour faire un test sur un vieux pc portable que je vais récupérer dans la semaine.

Merci ;)

Jeff:
Hi Mélodie,

RC1 will not run in virtualbox, on my Alienware laptop.  I keep getting a kernel panic message about needing a 64bit machine.  This laptop has an Intel I7 processor (64bit).  Additionally, I burnt a live CD and it boots to a blank screen.  By the way, the MD5 checksum is fine.   I'll give it a try on a couple of other 64 bit laptops, when it get a chance.

Jeff

melodie:
Hi Jeff,

I don't know what to say right now. Have you paid attention when selection the type of OS in Virtualbox? I'll have a look at the types of kernels they provide at the Ubuntu packages places and ask for more information at the #ubuntu-kernel IRC chans in the evening if needed and will be back with any info I'll find.

About the boot to blank screen, what is the GPU on that machine? You might need to try to boot with the "nomodeset" parameter (when you get the choice of boot entries, press F4 to display the options, then Escape once the option selected, then press Enter to boot).

Thanks for your feedback!

Jeff:
Hi Mélodie,

My apologies, I forgot to pay attention to the type of OS in virtualbox.   RC1 is up and running at present.  I've yet to try your suggestion concerning the "nomodeset" parameter.  This machine has twin ATI HD5800 cards.  I did have success running the live CD on two other 64bit laptops, without any problems.

Take care,

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Index des messages

[#] Page suivante

Utiliser la version classique