Auteur Sujet: AntiX13  (Lu 6080 fois)

djohnston

• Invité
AntiX13
« le: 03 juin 2013 à 03:46:20 »
We haven't heard from anticapitalista in a while. He has been busy. I've been working on a respin with the JWM desktop (Joe's Window Manager) for older computers and thought I'd borrow a few ideas from AntiX. I just happened to catch their Sourceforge page a few hours after it had been updated with the final release of version13. If you like minimal window managers, or just like great artwork, you have to see this one.

Want boot parameters?

I installed from the base iso. It includes DWM (Dynamic Window Manager), Fluxbox, IceWM, wmii and JWM. Fluxbox, IceWM and JWM are offered in standard form or with a choice of either Roxfiler or SpaceFM handling the desktop icons. JWM looks very nice.

The artwork and configurations for each of the desktops show how much work went into this release. You can download from the SourceForge page or the Mepisimo site.

« Modifié: 09 mai 2020 à 08:30:11 par melodie »

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : AntiX13
« Réponse #1 le: 03 juin 2013 à 05:10:55 »
I looks very beautiful indeed! How is the zram script in this version? And what does your htop say? :)

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : AntiX13
« Réponse #2 le: 03 juin 2013 à 07:38:51 »
He dropped ZRAM support quite some time ago. zgrep ZRAM /proc/config.gz returns nothing.

And what does your htop say? :)

As far as programs running, ZRAM or what?

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : AntiX13
« Réponse #3 le: 03 juin 2013 à 11:25:16 »
He dropped ZRAM support quite some time ago. zgrep ZRAM /proc/config.gz returns nothing.

Maybe this is the Debian kernel. It's still possible to install the liquorix kernel I suppose?

As far as programs running, ZRAM or what?

RAM and CPU used when idle? In the live/after install.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Re : AntiX13
« Réponse #4 le: 04 juin 2013 à 00:00:39 »
RAM and CPU used when idle? In the live/after install.

Don't know about the live session. The JWM screenshot is from the installation. It shows 43MB in use. If I remember, it shows 41MB at startup. CPU at idle varies between 0 and 1%.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : AntiX13
« Réponse #5 le: 04 juin 2013 à 01:20:44 »
Don't know about the live session. The JWM screenshot is from the installation. It shows 43MB in use. If I remember, it shows 41MB at startup. CPU at idle varies between 0 and 1%.

This is an amazing system. I would like to see how it goes day to day in an old box.