Auteur Sujet: Scorpio_2013-2  (Lu 29857 fois)

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
Re : Scorpio_2013-2
« Réponse #15 le: 31 mai 2013 à 14:37:45 »
> Su to /usr/share/applications/Htop and edit it thus - "Terminal=true"  to  "Terminal=false"
>                                                                                                  "Exec=htop"      to   "Exec=xterm -e htop"

It works but it's fugly. :)

The application launcher has to known how to execute terminal applications and which is command to run them. In openbox-menu, it is set by default to "xterm -e". The -t parameter could be used to overwrite the command.

Modifying the .desktop file doesn't solve the problem; it only hides the problem.
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #16 le: 31 mai 2013 à 15:12:14 »
mimas, you are a genius!  I knew there had to be a way - fiddling with .desktop files is very unsatisfying.  I looked at the autostart file and found this -
# Start open-box menu in the background
openbox-menu -o menu.xml -p -g -x -t "sakura -e" lxde-applications.menu &

On my own system I have this -
# Start open-box menu in the background
openbox-menu -o menu.xml -p -g -x -t "xterm -e" lxde-applications.menu &
and htop opens in xterm. 

I hadn't been able to work out what was different between the systems.  I knew there was some small detail somewhere.  I did the edit to the autostart file in Villagebox, returned htop.desktop to original and voila - htop in xterm!

Oh, and contrary to what I said in my previous post, the current Scorpio does have the same issue - it was my main system (early Scorpio) that didn't.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #17 le: 31 mai 2013 à 20:33:07 »
Hi,

not sure but perhaps you could use x-terminal-emulator (available in Debian an Ubuntu)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/set-the-default-terminal-emulator-on-ubuntu-linux

you could give it a try?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Scorpio_2013-2
« Réponse #18 le: 31 mai 2013 à 21:39:26 »
Darrel:

So that is how you have increased your post count........... posting twice.  :o :D :D :D
Yes, that's how it's done. But, there's a price to pay.

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
« Réponse #19 le: 31 mai 2013 à 21:45:32 »
> mimas, you are a genius!

Being the developer of openbox-menu helps a little to know about it. There is no easy way to determine which terminal has to be used for launching application so every application launcher must store this information in its configuration.

I'm a genius too, even if my magnificent modesty keeps me away from claiming it. :D
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Scorpio_2013-2
« Réponse #20 le: 31 mai 2013 à 21:55:30 »
I'm a genius too, even if my magnificent modesty keeps me away from claiming it. :D
Now, that's funny, right there. I don't care who you are.

Larry The Cable Guy That's funny

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
« Réponse #21 le: 31 mai 2013 à 21:56:48 »
I don't know why we don't use Sakura.

Xterm configured right is OK,  but like doing the dishes
trying to configure bold fonts, etc..

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #22 le: 01 juin 2013 à 02:03:47 »
Citation de: melodie
perhaps you could use x-terminal-emulator
I had tried that but for some reason it scrambled the config I set for xterm.  I've left it at default 0 auto - the open-box menu line in the autostart file determines the default terminal in the end.

Citation de: Patrick013
I don't know why we don't use Sakura.  Xterm configured right is OK, but like doing the dishes trying to configure bold fonts, etc..
I had been using sakura since Bonsai, but once I did the Scorpio build and installed Remastersys I realised I had sakura, xterm, uxterm and urxvt installed!  How many terminals does one need?!?

I think xterm is part of the default Debian install, but regardless of that it is required by Remastersys.  I'm not sure where uxterm fits in but it just seems to go along with xterm - haven't tried eliminating it yet.  For the embedded terminal in the "desktop" I used urxvt for it's transparency - that's optional and not in VillageBox.  So in the end it came down to the principle of one function, one application.  One browser, one text editor, one picture viewer, oh and err...Scorpio has three terminals!  Oh well, but four would be overkill!

It's easy enough to customize xterm - the configuration lies in the .Xresources file.  Here's my setup which in the new Scorpio replicates urxvt -
xterm*loginShell: true
xterm*vt100*geometry: 80x50
xterm*saveLines: 12000
xterm*charClass: 33:48,35:48,37:48,43:48,45-47:48,64:48,95:48,126:48
xterm*saveLines: 12000

# scrollbar - true (default) or false
xterm*scrollBar:false

# font color (default is black)
#xterm*foreground:White
xterm*foreground: #ffffff
! black
xterm.color0  : #000000
xterm.color8  : #555555
! red
xterm.color1  : #AA0000
xterm.color9  : #FF5555
! green
xterm.color2  : #00AA00
xterm.color10 : #55FF55
! yellow
xterm.color3  : #AA5500
xterm.color11 : #FFFF55
! blue
xterm.color4  : #0000AA
xterm.color12 : #5555FF
! magenta
xterm.color5  : #AA00AA
xterm.color13 : #FF55FF
! cyan
xterm.color6  : #00AAAA
xterm.color14 : #55FFFF
! white
xterm.color7  : #AAAAAA
xterm.color15 : #FFFFFF

xterm*geometry:80x32

xterm*borderLess:true

That changes the overall size and gives the font different colours.  Winds up looking a bit like sakura! 
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #23 le: 01 juin 2013 à 02:13:24 »
Hi,

Here is the xterm package list of files:
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/i386/xterm/filelist

among else:
/usr/share/applications/debian-uxterm.desktop
/usr/share/applications/debian-xterm.desktop

and about urxvt, you might try a removal and see what it would pull out?

It's easy enough to customize xterm

Yes it is, but doing copy paste to and fro is a bit more tricky. :)

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #24 le: 01 juin 2013 à 02:40:26 »
...about urxvt, you might try a removal and see what it would pull out?
urxvt is an integral part of Scorpio - it is the terminal embedded in the "desktop" and is a key feature.  However it is not in VillageBox.

...but doing copy paste to and fro is a bit more tricky.
Using the primary clipboard you can copy/paste between any terminal and application.  This is explained in the Tips and Tricks section of the forum.  To recount, to copy text to the primary clipboard just highlight the required text with the left mouse button down.  Don't close that application yet though.  To paste simply press the middle mouse button at the desired point in your document.  You can also use the key command of Shift+insert to paste.  This also applies to terminal emulators, so you can copy and paste between terminals and gui apps with ease.  The primary clipboard is for text only.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
« Réponse #25 le: 01 juin 2013 à 10:57:31 »
Remove the '$' sign before netstat. This is an indication that it can be run without root permissions, it has to be read as '<user prompt> netstat'.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #26 le: 01 juin 2013 à 14:30:10 »
Hi Rob, that's better. You could also include the result of each command in code tags (the editor button which shows a '#'. ie:
robert@acer:~$ dmesg | grep wlan
robert@acer:~$

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
« Réponse #27 le: 01 juin 2013 à 14:40:07 »
The firmware required by your network card is missing on your system. You need to install 'firmware-b43-installer'.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #28 le: 01 juin 2013 à 15:13:30 »
Scorpio_2013-2 has firmware-b43-installer installed.  Here is the list of firmware I made sure was installed -
      wireless-tools - Tools for manipulating Linux Wireless Extensions
      broadcom-sta-common - Common files for the Broadcom STA Wireless driver
      broadcom-sta-dkms - dkms source for the Broadcom STA Wireless driver
      broadcom-sta-source - Source for the Broadcom STA Wireless driver
      firmware-atheros - Binary firmware for Atheros wireless cards
      firmware-brcm80211 - Binary firmware for Broadcom 802.11 wireless cards
      firmware-ipw2x00 - Binary firmware for Intel Pro Wireless 2100, 2200 and 2915
      firmware-iwlwifi - Binary firmware for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 and 802.11n cards
      firmware-libertas - Binary firmware for Marvell Libertas 8xxx wireless cards
      firmware-ralink - Binary firmware for Ralink wireless cards
      firmware-realtek - Binary firmware for Realtek wired and wireless network adapters
      b43-fwcutter - Utility for extracting Broadcom 43xx firmware
      firmware-b43-installer - Installer package for firmware for the b43 driver
      firmware-b43-lpphy-installer - Installer package for firmware for the b43 driver (LP-PHY version)
      firmware-b43legacy-installer - Installer package for firmware for the b43legacy driver

Refer to this post for more info.  I also just checked my Scorpio remaster and they are all there.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
« Réponse #29 le: 01 juin 2013 à 15:25:48 »
A reinstallation of this package solve the case for a guy on ubuntu-fr.

http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=8334891#p8334891