Auteur Sujet: Slackel Openbox  (Lu 6524 fois)

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Slackel Openbox
« le: 25 mars 2013 à 13:49:29 »
In my pursuit of anything that vaguely resembles Openbox I stumbled across Slakel, particularly the Openbox version.  Two things were immediately apparent.  The first is that the version I downloaded did not have a live option - it was for install only.  That was not a good start and I am still trying to find a live OB !!

Second point is the screenshot below of Slakel OB in Virtualbox - I have circled the odd bit!

The Bonsai name might ring a bell with those familiar with melodie and her PCLOS Openbox family.  Probably nothing to it all but so far it's two strikes out of three! 
What can go wrong !!!

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Slackel Openbox
« Réponse #1 le: 25 mars 2013 à 16:08:21 »
Isn't Slakl a Version of Puppy Linux? I thought they were all a live version by nature. Strange...........

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #2 le: 25 mars 2013 à 21:23:39 »
The Bonsai name might ring a bell with those familiar

They did it first. When Zenwalk had a split which lead some guys to create and develop Salix, derivated from Slackware, Salix has been known as the distro with the Bonsai : small light and object of the finest care. Slackit is derivated from Slackware and Salix.

Slackel is based on Slackware and Salix. It uses the excellent Salix tools and Salix packages

I have released bento2 very recently, and didn't yet announce it in the English sections of our forums. You can have a look at the French section here. So, this is the latest Openbox live made available here at LinuxVillage. :)

This one might be the last test version before I start working on the parts I left aside yet : the slideshow and the bootlogo file which goes into isolinux, mainly.

Isn't Slakl a Version of Puppy Linux? I thought they were all a live version by nature. Strange...........

No, it is a Slackware branded distribution.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #3 le: 26 mars 2013 à 06:25:45 »
Looks like I have done Slackel a disservice regarding the Bonsai name - I should have researched further!  Pity they don't do a live version - I would have thought that running live with an installer was the user-friendliest way to go.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #4 le: 26 mars 2013 à 16:13:36 »
Hi,

You could not know, if you had not tried Salix when it came out. How could you know ? But the Bonsai has never been their code name, it is their logo.

It is user friendly : for the geeks who love it K.I.S.S :)

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.