Auteur Sujet: This is how I set up feh and stalonetray  (Lu 37149 fois)

Hors ligne kjdixo

• Membre Junior
Re : This is how I set up feh and stalonetray
« Réponse #15 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 01:34:44 »
Thanks everyone.
It might be a few days before I get time to do more here.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Re : Re : Re : This is how I set up feh and stalonetray
« Réponse #16 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 01:45:45 »
Citation de: mélodie
isn't DebWeb a spin using Lxde ? If so how could it fit in ?

Because kjdixo originally set it up to use the right-click OB menu in LXDE.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne kjdixo

• Membre Junior
« Réponse #17 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 08:10:36 »
I don't know about xdotool, but I'm eager to know more about it.
Here is the xdotool manual
The main reason I used xdotool was to freeze the position of the menu during multiple mouse clicks.
The multiple menu works okay without the code, but it shifts slightly (walks across the screen) with each mouse click.
The slight changes in position are annoying and 'untidy' and xdotool fixes that.
Depending on your menu font size, it might be necessary to tweak the amount of correction xdotool applies, by adjusting the pixel values.
Xdotool has many other uses. Example: to type frequently used character strings.
« Modifié: 25 janvier 2013 à 08:14:13 par kjdixo »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #18 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 11:30:20 »
Multiple menus - food for thought for DebWeb?

First things first. I'm going to add options to turn ZRAM on and off, as well as a weather forecast thingy from the menu. They will both be pipe menus.

isn't DebWeb a spin using Lxde ? If so how could it fit in ?

DebWeb is no longer LXDE based. The next one is based on Taco.22's LinuxVillage remaster. All Openbox with a couple of XFCE addins. The only LXDE component will be lxpanel. And that's only because tint2conf won't save the configuration changes or even apply them. Unless I'm missing something. (Yes, I know the config can be manually edited.)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #19 le: 25 janvier 2013 à 23:15:30 »
Ok, very good. I'm interested about turning zram on and off at will. How are you going to implement it ?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : This is how I set up feh and stalonetray
« Réponse #20 le: 26 janvier 2013 à 04:14:31 »
Ok, very good. I'm interested about turning zram on and off at will. How are you going to implement it ?

I don't have it in the menu yet, but the syntax is basically:

gksu /etc/init.d/zram start
gksu /etc/init.d/zram stop

I tried pkexec, but it doesn't work correctly. So, it doesn't need a pipe. It's just menu entries.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #21 le: 26 janvier 2013 à 22:59:58 »
Hi,

Do you think you could write a script which would detect whether systemv or systemd is used, and then use the command lines accordingly ?

$ ls -l /etc/rc.d/zramswap
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 373 14 janv. 20:54 /etc/rc.d/zramswap

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Targets

@Taco.22 : the content of the above page is not aimed to you. If you ever dare start reading it, I put a disclaimer regarding any unwanted reaction in your mind and in your body...

;-)

... ---... ...---...

« Modifié: 26 janvier 2013 à 23:15:47 par mélodie »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #22 le: 27 janvier 2013 à 00:41:44 »
Do you think you could write a script which would detect whether systemv or systemd is used, and then use the command lines accordingly ?

$ ls -l /etc/rc.d/zramswap
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 373 14 janv. 20:54 /etc/rc.d/zramswap

Yes, I'm sure I could. But, I'd need access to an Arch system, which I don't have yet, and I'd need to figure out how to install zram on Arch. It could be done with a bash or python script. Right now, I'm putting the finishing touches on DebWeb. So, your request will have to wait ... (did you guess it?) until tomorrow. Or the next day.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #23 le: 27 janvier 2013 à 01:25:58 »
Hi,

We set it up with an AUR pkgbuild. I use yaourt as cli frontend to pacman to do that, I don't know what most English users have to install aur packages apart from yaourt.

Here is the page:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zramswap/

you can have a look at the pkgbuild and at the tarball.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zr/zramswap/PKGBUILD

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zr/zramswap/zramswap.tar.gz

I don't mind if I have to wait tomorrow or the day after. There is no hurry, right ? ;-)

PS: btw, if you happen to fall into Archlinux, I'm not sure you will want to use something else again... ^^

« Modifié: 27 janvier 2013 à 01:29:09 par mélodie »

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #24 le: 27 janvier 2013 à 01:29:01 »
Citation de: mélodie
Hi,
@Taco.22 : the content of the above page is not aimed to you. If you ever dare start reading it, I put a disclaimer regarding any unwanted reaction in your mind and in your body...

;-)

... ---... ...---...

:o  :D :D

Don't panic!  I'm not stressing.  Debian Wheezy is now in freeze mode so any Debian Stable spins from here until whenever will be what they are.  I have started a build on wheezy Beta4 net-install with systemd but I'm in no rush.  It will happen when it happens!
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : This is how I set up feh and stalonetray
« Réponse #25 le: 27 janvier 2013 à 01:32:38 »
:o :D :D

Don't panic!  I'm not stressing.  Debian Wheezy is now in freeze mode so any Debian Stable spins from here until whenever will be what they are.  I have started a build on wheezy Beta4 net-install with systemd but I'm in no rush.  It will happen when it happens!

Now I'm really worried : a man is warned…   :D

PS: more seriously, I have been using it in a new Archlinux install since a few weeks (installs can use a hybrid method but for this new one I wanted to get into it) and today after a reboot the sound was not working : I didn't even know how to restart it in console, the idea of consulting the wiki was just tiring : I shutdown and booted again to solve the problem. Do you fancy ? I am not even used to it yet.

« Modifié: 27 janvier 2013 à 01:40:50 par mélodie »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #26 le: 27 janvier 2013 à 05:41:53 »
For those who may be wondering, systemd is a new method for booting Linux. It is a full replacement for sysvinit, but can also be implemented partially. I just read a treatise from one of the developers on what it is not. You can read it at Wunschkonzert, Ponyhof und Abenteuerspielplatz.

Don't worry, it's in English.