Auteur Sujet: AMD Launches New Richland APUs For the Desktop, Speeds Up To 4.4GHz  (Lu 3041 fois)

ka9yhd

• Invité
"AMD recently unveiled a handful of mobile Elite A-Series APUs, formerly codenamed Richland. Those products built upon the company's existing Trinity-based products but offered additional power and frequency optimizations designed to enhance overall performance and increase battery life. Today AMD is launching a handful of new Richland APUs for desktops and small form factor PCs. The additional power and thermal headroom afforded by desktop form factors has allowed AMD to crank things up a few notches further on both the CPU and GPU sides. The highest-end parts feature quad-CPU cores with 384 Radeon cores and 4MB of total cache. The top end APUs have GPU cores clocked at 844MHz (a 44MHz increase over Trinity) with CPU core boost clocks that top out at lofty 4.4GHz. In addition, AMD's top-end part, the A10-6800K, has been validated for use with DDR3-2133MHz memory. The rest of the APUs max out at with a 1866MHz DDR memory interface."
As with the last few APUs, the conclusion is that the new A10 chips beat Intel's Haswell graphics solidly, but lag a bit in CPU performance and power consumption.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/13/06/05/164238/amd-launches-new-richland-apus-for-the-desktop-speeds-up-to-44ghz

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
Re : AMD Launches New Richland APUs For the Desktop, Speeds Up To 4.4GHz
« Réponse #1 le: 05 juin 2013 à 22:37:40 »
> The highest-end parts feature quad-CPU cores with 384 Radeon cores

I definitively need one of these to replace my wood stove during winter.
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

djohnston

• Invité
I definitively need one of these to replace my wood stove during winter.

;D  ;D  ;D

Although that's extremely powerful hardware, the closed-source ATI video drivers for Linux have been causing problems. The problem is an "AMD Unsupported hardware" watermark showing in the lower right corner of the video display. The hardware is AMD's and is being driven by a video driver supplied by AMD.

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
Re : AMD Launches New Richland APUs For the Desktop, Speeds Up To 4.4GHz
« Réponse #3 le: 06 juin 2013 à 02:51:21 »
I don't know but I'd settle for a dual core Pentium anytime.
Those are going to run hot on a laptop.