Auteur Sujet: Problems with LXDE  (Lu 45186 fois)

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Problems with LXDE
« Réponse #60 le: 11 juin 2013 à 11:22:22 »
Obsession-exit is a CLI version of obsession-logout but It was broken until a few days ago.
I released a new version of obsession : http://code.google.com/p/mimarchlinux/downloads/list (nothing has been done to obsession-logout).

Okay. I got the new one and I'll compile that. Bear in mind this is for a JWM desktop with no LXDE or Openbox sessions running or installed. From what I can gather, JWM isn't XDG compliant, so xdg-autostart may come in handy.

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
Re : Problems with LXDE
« Réponse #61 le: 11 juin 2013 à 18:01:36 »
> Bear in mind this is for a JWM desktop with no LXDE or Openbox sessions running or installed.

Obsession is not really Openbox related, it's mostly a tool to manage Systemd, Upower and ConsoleKit session commands with graphic or console interface. Maybe I should have named it suc-session (for Systemd, Upower and ConsoleKit). :) The GUI version also manage the switch user thing provided by the xDM family (LXDM, GDM, KDM, LightDM).

Obsession also brings a modern way to autostart programs with xdg-autostart.

All of these tools can be used with other windows managers that don't have session management .
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Problems with LXDE
« Réponse #62 le: 11 juin 2013 à 18:25:13 »
I replaced LightDM with Slim, so I'll have to take the files from the standard Debian LXDE install.

I am trying to scroll up in the former posts related to the same issue but I can't get into it clearly. If you are still interested (I am but I don't know how much time this could take), then would you open a new thread, resume the start middle and latest? If you don't have time for this, we could give up.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.