Auteur Sujet: Arch-based Manjaro Linux touts user-friendliness  (Lu 2810 fois)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Arch-based Manjaro Linux touts user-friendliness
« Réponse #1 le: 17 mai 2013 à 07:09:18 »
Hi,

I don't like how she presents things : "command line junkies". Really?

Now let's see what the friendly replacements for the pacman package manager is:

From the wiki:
Pacman-gui:

Package browser:

I am very unsure this is more friendly than the few command lines needed to do everything.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #2 le: 18 mai 2013 à 02:12:12 »
I have pointed to the Manjaro distribution at the #linuxchix IRC channels today. Having ready to use versions is of course a good idea to make it easier to start with Archlinux.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
« Réponse #3 le: 26 mai 2013 à 10:56:34 »
> Having ready to use versions is of course a good idea to make it easier to start with Archlinux.

Except that it is not Archlinux, it's something that looks like Archlinux, runs like Archlinux and sounds like Archlinux.

An interesting post about Arch forks: http://jasonwryan.com/blog/2013/03/02/forking/

> See this scathing review of Manjaro or Allan’s roundup of the Arch Spin-Offs for the details on the decisions these developers make that mean it is not practicable to support them on the Arch boards, nor desirable to do so in future. As a distro, Arch is essentially vanilla packages, pacman and rolling release, and a base on which you build your preferred system. Changing two of those three means that you are not running Arch…

Jason is administrator of the Archlinux forum, so his opinion may be biased.
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.