Auteur Sujet: Villlage_RC-1: Openbox base for community development  (Lu 10204 fois)

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
Re : Villlage_RC-1: Openbox base for community development
« Réponse #15 le: 23 janvier 2013 à 07:12:44 »
Well we're almost there!

I have now incorporated the xcompmgr scripts from melodie's etcskel files into the Village menu.xml.  I have also installed volumeicon-alsa which now appears in the tray.

I umm'ed and ahh'ed over the wallpaper app issue, and have come to a middle ground.  Hsetroot is out, and feh is in, and the reason for that is that I have given Thunar a custom action that allows a right-click on any image and feh will set that as the wallpaper AND remember it for the next login session.  But, and don't you hate that, there is a small but.

Thunar already has a built in plugin just for that purpose.  If you have Thunar in front of you just right-click on any image and you should see an option to set wallpaper.  The but?  It uses xfdesktop4 and only works in XFCE!  Unfortunately it is hardwired in and unless someone feels like recompiling Thunar with the --disable-wallpaper-plugin parameter we are stuck with it.  However the new custom action works like charm and now wallpaper can be set on the fly.

Now a small request.  I have tried many icon themes and although I have temporarily settled on Azensis it is a little too dark.  However its saving grace is that it has an icon for everything.  Tango is cute but has too many holes - gets annoying when there is no icon for ISOs!  So any ideas?

Should have this thing up soon.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #16 le: 23 janvier 2013 à 12:30:52 »
Hi,

How easier is hsetroot ? The only thing I use it for is to set the background black, so that it is not grey right after login, but black, before the wallpaper (displayd by feh) appears. Something such as:
hsetroot #000000
I didn't "study" how feh works, I got the 2 command lines which follow in all the configuration sets, from someone else.

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #17 le: 23 janvier 2013 à 15:04:30 »
Setting hsetroot like this in ~/.config/openbox/autostart is simple -
hsetroot -fill /path/to/image.file
I guess the code for feh is just as simple, but for some reason I had a mindset about it!!
feh --bg-scale /path/to/image.file
You can do more with feh, but hsetroot is a light barebones approach if you want total simplicity.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne kjdixo

• Membre Junior
« Réponse #18 le: 23 janvier 2013 à 20:34:15 »
Hi
I have added a new topic
This is how I set up feh and stalonetray
I hope this is useful to someone.
kjdixo

« Modifié: 24 janvier 2013 à 02:20:00 par kjdixo »

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
Re : Re : Villlage_RC-1: Openbox base for community development
« Réponse #19 le: 24 janvier 2013 à 03:10:02 »

Now a small request.  I have tried many icon themes and although I have temporarily settled on Azensis it is a little too dark.  However its saving grace is that it has an icon for everything.  Tango is cute but has too many holes - gets annoying when there is no icon for ISOs!  So any ideas?

http://www.silvestre.com.ar/

His gnome icon sets are very nice and should work.

patrick

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #20 le: 24 janvier 2013 à 05:47:12 »
Thanks for the link.  I checked them out but only one had icons for everything - the ISO is a classic miss.  Dropline Neu! was good, but I'm not sure about the table as a desktop icon!!

I found another couple of sets - MeliaeSVG and FastForward.

This screenshot shows MeliaeSVG with Clearlooks theme on the left, and  FastForward with Syscrash theme on the right.  Neither are small, being 45mb and 65mb installed respectively. 

My leaning is toward MeliaeSVG, I'm running that on my system at the moment.
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #21 le: 24 janvier 2013 à 12:22:40 »
if the "svg" sets have their icons as svg it won't be shown in the openbox right-click menu. If it is png then it will work.

In the Ubuntu Openbox versions, so far I have used large icon themes.
murrine-themes
gtk2-engines-murrine

and this one which brings the blue color using the above theme:
https://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Faenza?content=128143

For who has not seen yet what it looks like:

The full gnome icon theme is also installed.
gnome-icon-theme 3.4.0-0ubuntu1.1
gnome-icon-theme-full 3.4.0-0ubuntu1.1

(Yes, that's bloated!  ;) )

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.