Auteur Sujet: The Basic Terminal  (Lu 20907 fois)

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
Re : The Basic Terminal
« Réponse #30 le: 28 mars 2013 à 13:26:03 »
Well... I missed the F9 key. :)
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #31 le: 28 mars 2013 à 14:17:19 »
Aargh - bloody F9!!!  I should have twigged - it's the "9PullDn" button at the bottom.  Probably the only button I didn't hit!
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : The Basic Terminal
« Réponse #32 le: 28 mars 2013 à 14:28:48 »
Aargh - bloody F9!!!

Don't type so hard!! ;D

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #33 le: 28 mars 2013 à 14:53:51 »
Sorry - at least I didn't use capitals !!

By the way , the command "touch" to create a file; to create ... brought to mind this -

I kind of like the image, but don't get me wrong - no religion.  Just liked the magical concept of creating.  Whimsical.
What can go wrong !!!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #34 le: 28 mars 2013 à 15:54:21 »
Yea, programs that rely so much on F-keys just don't fit in to my world. All new computers use the F-keys to control sound or the screen or other things.

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #35 le: 28 mars 2013 à 20:38:47 »
Yea, programs that rely so much on F-keys just don't fit in to my world. All new computers use the F-keys to control sound or the screen or other things.
The functions aren't determined by the computer. They are mapped to different functions by the operating system and by application programs. Here's a short explanation on the use of function keys in Windows and Mac OSX.

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
« Réponse #36 le: 28 mars 2013 à 22:29:18 »

By the way , the command "touch" to create a file; to create ... brought to mind this -

Well if I make an alias for touch called create I can  "create text.txt"
anytime, anyplace.    Shouldn't forget that.

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : The Basic Terminal
« Réponse #37 le: 29 mars 2013 à 00:45:15 »
The functions aren't determined by the computer. They are mapped to different functions by the operating system and by application programs. Here's a short explanation on the use of function keys in Windows and Mac OSX.

I understand what the keys do on a Mac, got one. The problem is when a distro is installed in VBox, the host OS will still keep control of the Fkeys so I am stuck using a mouse anyway.

The only computer I have that is Linux native is my netbook and I have to go into the BIOS to turn the Fkeys off factory settings so that I can use them in Linux, trust me on this one.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Re : The Basic Terminal
« Réponse #38 le: 29 mars 2013 à 08:58:06 »
The only computer I have that is Linux native is my netbook and I have to go into the BIOS to turn the Fkeys off factory settings so that I can use them in Linux, trust me on this one.

Okay, I will.  ;D

Hors ligne pdurbin

• Néophyte
    • http://greptilian.com
« Réponse #39 le: 29 mars 2013 à 11:07:54 »
For "back" in the terminal try this:

cd -

When you want more power, try pushd and popd.