Auteur Sujet: Lxshortcut to create your own launchers  (Lu 17797 fois)

Hors ligne caymus

• Néophyte
Re : Lxshortcut to create your own launchers
« Réponse #15 le: 21 mars 2013 à 22:05:34 »
@djohnston

None have the bamfdaemon installed or running. The package is available in both Ubuntu precise repos and in Debian Wheezy repos. However, I see no reason to tempt fate by installing the package, as the /etc/xdg/ configurations are doing their job well without the need for the bamfdaemon.

Ok, good to know, i havent spend alot of time around all this.
Thx djohnston, this is the kind of comment that makes me save a lot of time

For your question, i thing mélodie must delete the 1rst folder, this is version 0.1 folder & version 0.2 folder called QT_LXshortcutAssistant1/ & QT_LXshortcutAssistant2/

dont test the version 0.1please...

@ mélodie

it would be better if there was only one folder  QT_LXshortcutAssistant/ and put revisions in it.
And one sub folder called  QT_LXshortcutAssistant/src/
Something like that.

0.1 is the first try without  requiered features.
Delete it simply, please.
« Modifié: 21 mars 2013 à 22:15:36 par caymus »

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #16 le: 21 mars 2013 à 23:08:58 »
Hi,

2 directories because caymus works too fast. :p

Just hover and look at the links in the corner of the browser, one has a 1 the other has a 2 at the end. I don't have the blank screen, is your adblock up to date ? (this is a space provided by a generous and commercially very... how can I say?  commercially intense French ISP where I was registered long ago...)
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Lxshortcut to create your own launchers
« Réponse #17 le: 22 mars 2013 à 00:17:21 »
Just hover and look at the links in the corner of the browser, one has a 1 the other has a 2 at the end. I don't have the blank screen, is your adblock up to date ? (this is a space provided by a generous and commercially very... how can I say?  commercially intense French ISP where I was registered long ago...)
I grabbed the latest code. Also updated adblock to enable ads on your domain. But, the ad is still misplaced. It's covering part of the page description. I don't think that's what you want.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #18 le: 22 mars 2013 à 00:28:48 »
I can't say I want it, I can't have any action on it. It's a free space as in free beer and thats it! (advantage : not limited in size, as far as I know, and I have a ftp connection to it, plus all can use the full real link to it with a download manager of their choice).

I can just say the latest versions of Firefox are kind of crummy... try to display in Midori, Chromium, Opera ?

« Modifié: 22 mars 2013 à 00:30:31 par mélodie »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #19 le: 22 mars 2013 à 00:46:01 »
@caymus,

I'm not sure what to make of this. I see the makefiles are included in the tarball, but the executable is also there. Should I just extract it somewhere in my home directory or should it be extracted to /usr/local/bin/ or ... ?

darrel@DebRazor:  7 items 1.2Mb -> tar -tzvf Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant_build-0.2-32bit.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus  8679 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/Makefile
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus  7479 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/ui_mainwindow.h
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus  1604 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/main.o
-rwxrwxr-x caymus/caymus 45658 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/Qt-lxshortcut
drwxrwxr-x caymus/caymus     0 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus  7276 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/moc_mainwindow.o
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus  3059 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/moc_mainwindow.cpp
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus 24900 2013-03-20 02:08 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/mainwindow.o
-rw-rw-r-- caymus/caymus  4503 2013-03-18 13:19 Qt-lxshortcut-Assistant build-0.2-32bit/lxshortcut48.png

Hors ligne caymus

• Néophyte
« Réponse #20 le: 22 mars 2013 à 01:17:09 »
You can extract it where you wan and run the executable, MakeFile is here in case you wan to do a package or compile.

In fact the executable and icon should be necessary, if you just extract it somewhere in your home directory.

The icon must be in the same path as the executable, in this case, or use a .desktop otherwise.
« Modifié: 22 mars 2013 à 01:43:47 par caymus »

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #21 le: 22 mars 2013 à 03:29:37 »
Thanks, caymus. I decided to just try the executable from my ~/bin/ directory. I made a desktop file for it, put it in ~/.local/share/applications/. This app works great!

I made a desktop shortcut that starts the LinuxVillage website in the Qupzilla browser with the command line:
qupzilla http://linuxvillage.net

I launched the app from the desktop shortcut, and it does what I intended it to do.

Next, I made a desktop shortcut that lists my user's desktop files with the command:
sakura -h -x "ls -l ~/.local/share/applications"

And, here it is running.

Then, I copied the LinuxVillage shortcut from ~/Desktop/ to ~/.local/share/applications/. The file had the category of Network, and it shows in the Internet section of the RazorQt menu.

The only thing you could do to make this app better is to add the option of choosing an icon for the created shortcut. You did a fantastic job in a short amount of time! Thanks!   8)

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #22 le: 22 mars 2013 à 03:52:38 »
Next, I made a desktop shortcut that lists my user's desktop files with the command:
sakura -h -x "ls -l ~/.local/share/applications"

Hi,

you could try the generic "x-terminal-emulator" command instead of sakura. (a possibility, that should work).

And, here it is running.

caymus, you might add an "s" in the title of the menu : "assistant".

The only thing you could do to make this app better is to add the option of choosing an icon for the created shortcut.

You do have it in the window of the main program?

You did a fantastic job in a short amount of time! Thanks!   8)

+10!
I will add it to the next OBUbuntu after the one being presently uploaded. :)

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Lxshortcut to create your own launchers
« Réponse #23 le: 22 mars 2013 à 04:47:52 »
You do have it in the window of the main program?

Yes, I completely overlooked it.  ???  :-[  And with plenty of choices. You can choose from existing icons, or you can choose a custom image file.

I stand corrected. This app is already finished and working!

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #24 le: 22 mars 2013 à 06:04:55 »
caymus,

I'd be remiss if I didn't test the 64bit version. I don't know if there is a problem with it or if the dialog package is missing. What dialog program does the qt-lxshortcut call for the .desktop file particulars? Is it yad, dialog, glade, zenity, or what? Since this wasn't installed through the package manager, no dependencies were called for.

Hors ligne mimas

• Général du Roi
  • Membre Complet
  • Jamais content
    • G+
« Réponse #25 le: 22 mars 2013 à 09:14:48 »
What dialog program does the qt-lxshortcut call for the .desktop file particulars? Is it yad, dialog, glade, zenity, or what?
Lxshortcut is a GTK app but it requires parameters to be launched.

Qt-lxshortcut is a graphical frontend to lxshortcut which is a graphical application. It's ironic. But more, the GTK app is launched by a QT app.

Nice program, caymus.

« Modifié: 22 mars 2013 à 20:57:56 par mimas »
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Hors ligne caymus

• Néophyte
« Réponse #26 le: 22 mars 2013 à 11:06:07 »
Yes, as mimas say , this is a little ironic, 1rst because lxshortcut is a gui which must be initiated by command lines, whitout gui...

2. Because i use Qt to do this.

The correct way would be to finish the work of lxshortcut or I keep my Qt application to do all the job.

If I have some time I will look what I can do, but I feel I am more at ease in  Qt - c + + that gtk - c.

@  mélodie,

thank you for pointing out the typo, I'll be sending the version 0.2 again, or I correct in version 0.3 which will increasingly towards a standalone management .desktop.

But lack of time it will gradually. maybe around version 0.7 it will be a standalone version.

but I do not like this idea to work 2 times for same thing, the ideal would be to contact the developer of lxshortcut for that he finish his work completely...
« Modifié: 22 mars 2013 à 11:18:48 par caymus »

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #27 le: 22 mars 2013 à 11:12:45 »
caymus, then maybe would you want to continue with Qt ? And why not... let's talk about it on the chan some time ?

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Lxshortcut to create your own launchers
« Réponse #28 le: 22 mars 2013 à 18:12:54 »
Lxshortcut is a GTK app but it requires parameters to be lanched.

Qt-lxshortcut is a graphical frontend to lxshortcut which is a graphical application. It's ironic. But more, the GTK app is launched by a QT app.

Nice program, caymus.
I don't understand the answer given. The Qt-lxshortcut 64bit executable on an XFCE desktop isn't working the same way as the 32bit executable on a RazorQt desktop. I launch the program. Doesn't matter if it's launched from CLI or a menu.

As soon as I click the Start button, no other dialogs are shown and the shortcut is immediately created. And here are the contents of the shortcut.

I'll see if any programs not yet installed will help the situation.

Hors ligne caymus

• Néophyte
« Réponse #29 le: 22 mars 2013 à 20:38:15 »
there are several possible causes to this problem.
most likely that is a problem with lxshortcut.

Because my application launch lxshortcut command regardless of whether it is present or if it crashes.

Next step is read/write to the end of file.desktop & add only Categories= +combobox
If lxshortcut cant create it, my application edit & save (create a empty desktop file with Categories= +combobox)

This is what happens in your case i thing.

The new application should not cause this kind of problem, it creates the.desktop from a to z alone.

http://linuxvillage.net/index.php/topic,234.0.html

There is no more hack over lxshortcut. :)
« Modifié: 22 mars 2013 à 22:43:18 par caymus »