Auteur Sujet: Madbox  (Lu 10705 fois)

konaexpress

• Invité
Madbox
« le: 12 mars 2013 à 04:36:19 »
Downloading it now to see if I can change the whacky theme in it. Great little distro and it is only about 374 mb and is based on Ubuntu 12.04 I think.

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Madbox
« Réponse #1 le: 12 mars 2013 à 06:14:30 »
OK, tracked down what the problem with it is. Now I just need to find what file it is and where it is hiding!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : Re : Madbox
« Réponse #2 le: 12 mars 2013 à 12:24:25 »
OK, tracked down what the problem with it is. Now I just need to find what file it is and where it is hiding!

Are you hoping any help with two sentences containing no information at all ? What is it that you want to change ?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #3 le: 12 mars 2013 à 14:09:17 »
I can do it, unless I can't do it. :P

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #4 le: 12 mars 2013 à 15:47:08 »
I can do it, unless I can't do it. :P

I think I would know how to change every bit of image in that cute little MadBox. Why don't you tell us what part you want to change ?

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #5 le: 12 mars 2013 à 17:47:55 »
Done! No more stupid orange!

I had no idea that you could gksu lxappearance to get root level changes.......who knew? I said what the heck and punched it into the terminal and up it came!  I did have to hand edit a couple of files in /ect.
« Modifié: 12 mars 2013 à 19:01:36 par konaexpress »

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #6 le: 12 mars 2013 à 19:00:52 »
Here are a couple of screenshots to gander at.

Desktop:

Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 10.54.31 AM by The Kona Express, on Flickr

Desktop + Apps:

Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 10.55.23 AM by The Kona Express, on Flickr

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #7 le: 12 mars 2013 à 20:48:58 »
Just made a logout manager for it in Gambas as I did not like the Python one that was in it. I will try and make it look better as this was just the first draft to see if it would work.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #8 le: 12 mars 2013 à 22:07:47 »
This looks nice !

Yes you can gksu lxappearance, Taco.22 told you once you could start it from the root console, which I didn't agree for security reasons. The other way around is su to root, or do "sudo -s" to be root, then you do "cp .gtkrc-2.0 /root" which is the safest way and will copy your user configuration to the root directory, so the theme will be the same for all applications, even the ones started with root privilege, such as Synaptic.

No problem met with the gtk3 themes ?

PS: about logout manager, why not take obsession branded by mimas ? It's written in C, it's fast, and if you don't want to compile it you can take this tarball I did : http://meets.free.fr/debian/configurations/OBUbuntu-obsession.tar.xz and unpack it to /usr/local/bin (follow the tree directory which is in the tarball) : I will make a package within a few weeks for it, I just have to dive again in the howto packaging for Debian, then use the same build dir with little different steps for a ppa at Ubuntu.

« Modifié: 12 mars 2013 à 22:11:39 par mélodie »

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #9 le: 12 mars 2013 à 23:14:50 »
This looks nice !

Thank you!

No problem met with the gtk3 themes ?

Not that I have found anything yet.

PS: about logout manager, why not take obsession branded by mimas ? It's written in C, it's fast, and if you don't want to compile it you can take this tarball I did : http://meets.free.fr/debian/configurations/OBUbuntu-obsession.tar.xz and unpack it to /usr/local/bin (follow the tree directory which is in the tarball) : I will make a package within a few weeks for it, I just have to dive again in the howto packaging for Debian, then use the same build dir with little different steps for a ppa at Ubuntu.

I thought about that but

1. I didn't know how to find it
2. I don't know how to install it
3. Gambas runs faster than Python but not as fast as C for really big apps, this is a small app so I made one for myself.
4. I can change the looks of it as I may want to.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #10 le: 12 mars 2013 à 23:57:44 »
I explain how to install:

This is almost as simple as compiling with the user commands "./configure", "make", and su to root to do a "make install" : the last command always installs to /usr/local/* instead of /usr, unless you add this option to the ./configure command : -prefix /usr

Here these steps have been done, all I did is pack a filesystem tree to mimick what is in the system. Here is what the package looks like:

/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/{bin  etc games  include  lib  man  sbin  share  src}

under /usr/local/bin you have obsession-exit  obsession-logout  xdg-autostart (the binaries) and in
/usr/local/share/locale you have the mo compiled files for the languages:
af  ast  bn     cs  el     es_VE  fa  fr   he  id  ko  ml  nl  pl  pt_BR  si  sr        te  tt_RU  ur_PK  zh_TW
am  be   bn_IN  da  en_GB  et     fi  frp  hr  it  lg  ms  nn  ps  ro     sk  sr@latin  th  uk     vi
ar  bg   ca     de  es     eu     fo  gl   hu  ja  lt  nb  pa  pt  ru     sl  sv        tr  ur     zh_CN

So to sum up, how to install ?

Copy the whole content of the usr/local directory of this tar.xz archive to the /usr/local directory in your system, and you're done (if you do all the steps in a root console, you will not have to worry about ownership and permissions, I made sure of that when I prepared the archive : so as root "tar xfvJ OBUbuntu-obsession.tar.xz" then cd to the usr/local directory created and "cp -R * /usr/local" should do it).

Then add obsession-logout as the command to shutdown, reboot, sleep, and so on... and you are good to go. (the two other binaries may be used or not, one future day, up to you).

One future day when I will have done a package for it, you will know where it is located and can remove it easily with a "rm -R" as root on the directories in /usr/local.
« Modifié: 13 mars 2013 à 00:01:30 par mélodie »

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #11 le: 13 mars 2013 à 18:33:48 »
So would anyone be interested in trying this Madbox spin if I made an iso of it?

It would just be a "One Off" to try out and to see what I did with it in the way of graphics and apps.

EDIT: Might have to put this on my netbook for a spin but I would have to go change all the wallpapers to netbook size.
« Modifié: 13 mars 2013 à 18:36:20 par konaexpress »

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #12 le: 13 mars 2013 à 21:18:49 »
Hi,

You don't have to change to netbook size, instead you need a wallpaper which adapts to all screens. (Or if really necessary have several size available for the same background).

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #13 le: 13 mars 2013 à 21:30:28 »
Hi,

You don't have to change to netbook size, instead you need a wallpaper which adapts to all screens. (Or if really necessary have several size available for the same background).

What would make a good size that can be resized with no problem by the system?

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #14 le: 14 mars 2013 à 01:55:30 »
You could have a look at the ones published here: http://gnome-look.org to get ideas
    Wallpapers
    800x600
    1024x768
    1280x1024
    1600x1200
    1440x900
    1680x1050
    1920x1200
    2560x1600
    SVG