Auteur Sujet: Remastersys for Debian  (Lu 19865 fois)

konaexpress

• Invité
Remastersys for Debian
« le: 05 mars 2013 à 21:38:30 »
I have to give the guy who made rmastersys an A for effort but damn does it blow on a Debian distro. Kind of wondering if creating an extra partition and chrooting is the only way to go from here.....

I took a look at Linux from Scratch but holly cow is that doing things the hard way! can you unzip an iso into a partition and mount it so that you can install all the things you need?

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
Re : Remastersys for Debian
« Réponse #1 le: 05 mars 2013 à 22:04:24 »
I have to give the guy who made rmastersys an A for effort but damn does it blow on a Debian distro. Kind of wondering if creating an extra partition and chrooting is the only way to go from here.....

I took a look at Linux from Scratch but holly cow is that doing things the hard way! can you unzip an iso into a partition and mount it so that you can install all the things you need?

I reinstalled Scorpio and chattr'd the config file shut.    No other problems
so far.   

Debian stable has a standard.iso if you didn't like Scorpio.    Has root and user
logins from the console and even has apt-get.   Scorpio is so much easier.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 05 mars 2013 à 22:25:22 »
hhhmmmmm....I have a copy of Scorpio I could load up I guess. I just formatted a 30 gig drive on an ext HD so that I can try this in VBox. I will make two drives and see if I can figure out how to unzip and ISo on to it.

This should be a pain in the @ss...........

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Remastersys for Debian
« Réponse #3 le: 05 mars 2013 à 22:30:19 »
I reinstalled Scorpio and chattr'd the config file shut.    No other problems
so far.   

Debian stable has a standard.iso if you didn't like Scorpio.    Has root and user
logins from the console and even has apt-get.   Scorpio is so much easier.

Just thought about this.....did you mean use Scorpio as a base and then load LXDE on top of it or did you mean use Scorpio as the Host image? Host image as in the one I will work from?

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #4 le: 05 mars 2013 à 22:55:29 »
Hi,

konaexpress, what would you like to do and what result would you want to get ? Maybe if you know how to answer this I could suggest a direct solution ?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #5 le: 06 mars 2013 à 00:10:54 »
Easier said then done I know but......

I want to install an OS, then install an image on another drive and build it on that drive. Make an iso without using Remastersys.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #6 le: 06 mars 2013 à 02:21:47 »
If that is for Debian I don't know yet which tool would allow you to do it the easiest way.

To unpack an iso is easy. As root:

mount -o loop myiso.iso /a_mount_point
and then you find the squashfs file in the mount directory and you do the same with it, you mount it elsewhere and from there you will do a "cp -Ra" to your new partition (all as root). You will do a "ls" in each place where you mount your files to, so you see what it looks like.

and also see "man cp" to check what the options do.

After, that, it's Debian so I don't know. (Have you taken a look at the Debian docs to find out where to start ? Or considered asking on the relevant Debian chan ? http://wiki.debian.org/IRC/#Debian_IRC_channels )

« Modifié: 06 mars 2013 à 02:23:53 par mélodie »

Hors ligne patrick013

• Membre Senior
Re : Re : Re : Remastersys for Debian
« Réponse #7 le: 06 mars 2013 à 04:52:06 »
Just thought about this.....did you mean use Scorpio as a base and then load LXDE on top of it or did you mean use Scorpio as the Host image? Host image as in the one I will work from?

Well if you use a Debian tool to create an iso or remastersys, Scorpio works OK.
Haven't heard that they had one.     LXDE should work fine on Scorpio but I just use the
OpenBox on it.   

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Re : Remastersys for Debian
« Réponse #8 le: 06 mars 2013 à 06:20:30 »
Well if you use a Debian tool to create an iso or remastersys, Scorpio works OK.
Haven't heard that they had one.     LXDE should work fine on Scorpio but I just use the
OpenBox on it.
I could be wrong but I don't think Debian has a tool, all commando I think. I will hunt around but I downloaded the LFS PDF just in case I have to go commando too.

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #9 le: 06 mars 2013 à 06:24:19 »
Hello,

I think Debian does have tools, just not the gui kind of tools, more looking like "warrior tools" knife between the teeth and all. ;-)
« Modifié: 06 mars 2013 à 06:29:41 par mélodie »

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #10 le: 06 mars 2013 à 06:30:05 »

You could go here,
http://live.debian.net

or from there, jump directly to here!
http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/next+nonfree/i386/iso-hybrid

and give a try to this one snapshot:
debian-wheezy-live-rc1-i386-lxde-desktop+nonfree.iso (1 GB).

It seems you could choose between the hard way or the easy way.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #11 le: 06 mars 2013 à 06:37:09 »
I will take a look at them......me like easy!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #12 le: 06 mars 2013 à 06:40:36 »

and give a try to this one snapshot:
debian-wheezy-live-rc1-i386-lxde-desktop+nonfree.iso (1 GB).

It seems you could choose between the hard way or the easy way.
1gig iso? Bet there is some stuff in there that we do not need but Im sure it is worth a look.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #13 le: 06 mars 2013 à 07:13:49 »
You could go here,

That is a bunch of info there! That will take some time to sift through............

I am thinking this will be worth it in the long run, don't you guys think?

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Re : Re : Remastersys for Debian
« Réponse #14 le: 06 mars 2013 à 14:17:45 »
That is a bunch of info there! That will take some time to sift through............

I am thinking this will be worth it in the long run, don't you guys think?
I think it would be worth it in the long run. As a matter of fact, it's what I'm going to be learning next. Here's a short summary of what's involved. And I do mean short.

Trust me on this. Doing it the Debian way will make remastersys look like a walk in the park. I suspect the problems you're having with using remastersys are as a result of what is in /etc/skel. Are you creating an iso that won't autologin?