Auteur Sujet: First Run Slide Show  (Lu 4020 fois)

konaexpress

• Invité
First Run Slide Show
« le: 25 février 2013 à 21:35:10 »
Hi guys and Gal,

I am making a first run slide show for Orca that is programmed in Gambas, this I can do. Just a little something to welcome new users and show them around a bit.

The problem is  that I have no idea as to how to make the OS run it for the first time the OS is fired up after install but not run on start up after that. Any ideas as to how this is done.

Thanks, John

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
Re : First Run Slide Show
« Réponse #1 le: 25 février 2013 à 21:42:15 »
Hello John,

You question contains a great weakness : what OS is it, how can we test it to help you find out ?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 25 février 2013 à 22:09:55 »
Hi Melodie and my apologies,

I thought this would be a universal question, i guess not. Orca is based on Lubuntu 12.04 just like  GambOS is based on it. I really don't know of a way for you to test the app unless it is installed on GambOS or the future Orca as they have the Gambas runtime installed in it. I guess I could have done this in Python and wxPython but I wanted to stay with Gambas for this little project as it is all based around the Gambas community.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #3 le: 25 février 2013 à 23:44:27 »
Crunchbang has a First Run bash script called cb-welcome that runs a new user through steps to install optional software.  You can hack it to your purposes - download it from https://github.com/corenominal/cb-welcome/blob/master/cb-welcome
What can go wrong !!!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #4 le: 25 février 2013 à 23:59:59 »
Thanks Taco, I will look at this and see if it gives me any ideas as to what to put into it.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #5 le: 26 février 2013 à 00:46:34 »
You can do a slideshow a couple of different ways.  You can set a flash slideshow up in a browser, or use an image viewer like Geeqie to build one.  Then just launch the app through the first run script.
What can go wrong !!!