Auteur Sujet: Village_in_space  (Lu 26376 fois)

djohnston

• Invité
Re : Village_in_space
« Réponse #15 le: 18 février 2013 à 05:33:16 »
No problem. No hurry. After the first download, I thought the problem was on my end.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #16 le: 18 février 2013 à 16:19:01 »
The revised ISO and md5 are now tested and up.  The links in the first thread have been edited.

One warning about Spacefm - if you copy to a usb stick and then hit "eject" the progress will be displayed in a separate pane.  It may pause at "50%" before finishing and disappearing.  DO NOT remove the device until that progress bar has gone.  It might have been what I did transferring the previous ISO from computer to another - let the transfer process finish!   
What can go wrong !!!

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #17 le: 18 février 2013 à 23:35:59 »
Okay, downloading now.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #18 le: 19 février 2013 à 20:54:52 »
Downloading  it now.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #19 le: 19 février 2013 à 22:03:13 »
Holly cr@p, I like this a lot. It ran great, soon as I figured out it needed a PAE flag in VBox. LOL

I was wondering about Conky, I see that you have the .conkrc file in /home/debian/.conky and not in /home/.conkyrc.........Why?I would REALLY like to know this as I am running into a problem with Lubuntu and Conky.

Thanks buddy and good job on this. I almost feel inspired to do some artwork and forget programming for a bit......(sigh)

John

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #20 le: 20 février 2013 à 00:12:45 »
Thanks, I'm glad it worked!!

The config file for conky is in its own folder for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, if you have an image to display in conky you can store it with the config file and keep things neat.  Secondly, the command in autostart of "conky -c /path/of/config_file" means that you can label the config file anything you want, not just the default "conkyrc".  Long story short - if you have a number of conky scripts and maybe some images you simply store them all in one folder and edit the autostart file to display the one you want.

And don't neglect the artistic side of the soul!

BTW, what do you think of Spacefm?
What can go wrong !!!

konaexpress

• Invité
Re : Re : Village_in_space
« Réponse #21 le: 20 février 2013 à 01:05:32 »

BTW, what do you think of Spacefm?

I really like it, I can see why some users are moving to it. It would be a tos-up for me between PCmanFM and space but I like it in some ways better. Got to think about this one for a bit, really like it for an openbox distro best or even a razor-qt distro for those that need a little more desktop.

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #22 le: 20 février 2013 à 01:11:13 »
Might be fun to use spaceFM in a little buntubox distro with my openbox logout manager and my Conky sript manager just for fun. Buntubox = Bentobox......get it? hhmmmm.....maybe Bento Box is better.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #23 le: 20 février 2013 à 02:35:37 »

Now that could be really cool!!
What can go wrong !!!

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #24 le: 20 février 2013 à 04:41:46 »
I forgot to say that VillageInSpace is working fine now. I have not installed it, just took the live CD for a test spin. First thing I noticed is how much more RAM it uses at rest as opposed to LinuxVillage. Do you know if that's from SpaceFM handling the desktop wallpaper and icons? Haven't really looked into it. LV uses about 72MB. If I remember correctly, Space was using about 120 MB.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #25 le: 20 février 2013 à 07:26:28 »
First thing I noticed is how much more RAM it uses at rest as opposed to LinuxVillage

Installed on the test computer they both run at about 81mb at start up, according to conky.  Maybe something to do with running live - what ram does VillageBox use as live cd/usb?
« Modifié: 20 février 2013 à 13:33:44 par Taco.22 »
What can go wrong !!!

Hors ligne melodie

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
    • Citrotux
« Réponse #26 le: 20 février 2013 à 13:22:06 »

Now that could be really cool!!

What does that  "Bento" mean ?

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.

Hors ligne Taco.22

• Membre Senior
    • Scorpio_Openbox
« Réponse #27 le: 20 février 2013 à 13:36:34 »
"Bento" see Wikipedia.

The concept is rather cute and has a lot of potential!
What can go wrong !!!

konaexpress

• Invité
« Réponse #28 le: 20 février 2013 à 19:38:05 »
Here, I made this so it is free to use.

bento box logo 1 by The Kona Express, on Flickr

djohnston

• Invité
« Réponse #29 le: 20 février 2013 à 21:00:17 »
Installed on the test computer they both run at about 81mb at start up, according to conky.  Maybe something to do with running live - what ram does VillageBox use as live cd/usb?

I'm not sure, but I'll install the VillageInSpace and see what it does.